June 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @biketheworld It is the one with 5K, followed by the 10k, followed by the half-marathon, followed by the full marathon all in one weekend. :lol: That is why they call it DOPEY. :lol:

You know, I am just noticing that back to back races seems to be a reoccurring thing with me. I may need an intervention. :lol:

I am going to have to push it off 1 year though as we are using the money we had for Dopey to buy a house.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp sending hugs and prayers for your Achilles! I hope your rest day helps.
  • kat_ontherun
    kat_ontherun Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    @shanaber I am sooo jealous of your view! That pupper with his tongue sticking out is adorable too! Love Vizslas!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    @kat_ontherun - Thanks! Wish I had that view all the time! It is about a 30-45min commute for us without traffic. I have run a few races there and would love to just run along the beach trail all the time!
    Sorry about the technology fail on your phone - you'll get that fast pace again for sure!
  • PastorVincent
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I once "slapped" the back of a car as I went past. It was more out of frustration that they had pulled up into the crosswalk without looking, when it was on green for pedestrians and I was entering the intersection, and I had lost my nerve and just about tripped over trying to stop instead of just landing on their hood like I should have done. No reaction at all from the driver. My pace may have increased for a few minutes afterwards, though!

In a parking lot, I had a car back up just as I was passing the middle of its rear bumper. I slammed my hand down on the trunk, made a nice big bang. Drive panicked and slammed on his breaks which was pretty much my goal. So I did not die and kept running. Hopefully, that taught him a lesson to TURN YOUR HEAD AND LOOK BEHIND YOU before putting a car in reverse. Probably not, but I can dream.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options

June Goals:
    200 running miles.
    IM 70.3 Training

June Running:
    05.28.18 - 06.03.18: Running Miles 41.5 / Weekly TSS 497 / Fitness: 71 CTL
    06.04.18 - 06.10.19: Running Miles 46.2 / Weekly TSS 601 / Fitness: 73 CTL
    06.11.18 - 06.17.18: Running Miles 49.3 / Weekly TSS 725 / Fitness: 77 CTL
    06.18.18 - 06.24.18: Running Miles 38.6 / Weekly TSS 412 / Fitness: 75 CTL

Goals 6/25/18 - 7/1/18:
    Run: 6 Days, plus a LR of 15 on Sunday. Bike 32 on Saturday

Base 1 : Week 4 of 4

Upcoming Events:
    06.30.18 Sat - Red, White, Bike - 32 miler

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @ladysnickerdoo I guess the geese have gosling's? Ones here are grown and moved on. But i guess if they live there, at the park, they may be territorial. I wonder if you could throw some dog food or bread or something at them as you run by to distract them from chasing you. I don't think you want to bow up to a goose. They're mean. But if you're feeling it, it could offer some boxing whilst you run? Just punch them mother's haha!

I think you'll love the race atmosphere! Can't wait for your first race report!
  • ladysnickerdoo
    ladysnickerdoo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 yes they do have goslings. I am sure that's why they are being so territorial. I do enjoy boxing... ;)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @kevaasen I have yet to have an encounter with PF. I always assumed going barefoot was the thing to do to prevent it. I'm not glad you are dealing with it, but i appreciate the knowledge you share.

It does not sound fun.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Geese are everywhere this time of year it seems. I just give them space and mostly ignore their hissing - just have to watch where you step! :lol: