Keto

Options
So, I’ve been doing keto for the passed two and a half weeks. It’s been a struggle as well as a great progress. I wouldn’t mind gaining a bit more motivation from others who are gearing their regime towards keto.

Replies

• Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday, but still feel so lost! I need to go grocery shopping for some actual keto foods. How have your first two weeks gone?
  • 1aussiegal
    1aussiegal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started keto on 26th March this year and have so far lost 6.2 kg but currently I’ve been knocked out of ketosis by a carb overload....no one to blame but me so I’m working hard exercising more and some intermittent fasting to try speed it up.
  • renewedlife633
    renewedlife633 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday, but still feel so lost! I need to go grocery shopping for some actual keto foods. How have your first two weeks gone?

When starting out it’s always good to do as much research as needed in order to feel confident in starting Keto. My first two weeks have been forcing me to place all of my effort for sure. The progress I’ve noticed has been due to the water weight loss. I’ve noticed my craving for food to lessen as days go on. So I’m looking forward to one day at a time
  • renewedlife633
    renewedlife633 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    1aussiegal wrote: »
    Hi, I started keto on 26th March this year and have so far lost 6.2 kg but currently I’ve been knocked out of ketosis by a carb overload....no one to blame but me so I’m working hard exercising more and some intermittent fasting to try speed it up.

Don’t be too harsh on yourself for falling out of ketosis! We all may fall at some point throughout the course of our regime. But, the next step should always lean towards getting back up and moving forward. A little motivation and accountability will be great for you. Keep on keep’n!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options

@Hsanders3961 most of us have felt that way. I know I did when I started this Way Of Eating Oct 2014.

In the end there are no "keto" foods but just the macros of carbs, protein and fats.

Only think/learn about carbs at first. The only thing is to master is keeping carbs under 50 grams a day. I try to hit 49 and never approach ZERO personally. In time by trial and error the % of protein and fats making up your WOE will fall into place. If you have weight to lose then you do not have to eat a ton of fats each day.

Carbs know how to hide better than Easter Eggs. It was a solid year before I stopped being blindsided by hidden carbs. :)

Do not worry about where you are in a state of nutritional ketosis. Just keep your carbs under 50 grams a day and do not over do the protein. While my macros are like 5% carbs, 15% protein and 80% fats the best macros vary from person to person.

Job #1 is to locate the carbs in your food chain and keep them under 50 grams daily. In time the other stuff comes. Nearly four years later at the age of 67 I can say Keto/LCHF WOE's are reversing many many of my health issues of many years. While not a goal I did lose 50 pounds and maintained that loss for the past three years never going hungry after I broke free of the carb carvings/binging.

Try to be different than most of us and DO NOT overthink this Keto or LCHF thing. :) It is so simple. Well the first two weeks were hellish in my case because I did not know how hooked I was on carbs period. Finally I just left all foods with added sugars and or any form of grain. That and the <50 grams of carbs daily is all that I do.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    youtube has tons on great recipes from keto connect and more. Most have websites with great videos and tips. I like Butter Bob also. (Butter makes your pants fall off) is a great video. Have faith. Keep boullion cubes handy in case your sodium gets low. Remember we are all in this together and we can do it! I am age 58. Needed to lose 90 pounds. Started jan 11, 2018 and have lost 45 pounds so far. If you hit plateau research egg fast rules and recipes. It really works, just don't abuse it. Best of luck to you.
  • onelongstory
    onelongstory Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wrapping up my first week of keto. The sugar detox has been difficult but, overall, I'm already feeling better. Plus, I think it's working wonders for my attitude as well (after the high irritability of the sugar withdrawal passed). I'm finding that I like the diet so much. I know I will be knocked out of ketosis as some point; it's human to experience that. But so what? Onward. Best of luck and remember to be kind to yourself!
  • SV2727
    SV2727 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    New also...been on it about 5 weeks...this past weekend i cheated ugh...add me if you want...be nice to see posts from fellow keto people
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Keto since January and I'm in love! Never felt better in 43 years of living!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options