13»

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    leo0933 wrote: »
    Hey Serindipte

Keep up the good work. Because you are logging in and so on...here are a couple of pointers you could do

1. Go back and look at your food intake in your log. Try to make sure you are eating as healthy as possible and meeting your goals. Sometimes although we are logging in we don't realize we are eating empty calories. Make sure eating nutrient dense calories as much as possible.

2. Rest. One of the most underutilized tools used. When you are stressed, not getting enough sleep, or etc the hormone in your body call cortisol begins to be active. This hormone is a stress fighting hormone. For example, if you are in a fight you are going to protect yourself. That is what that hormone does. If your stress levels are high from not getting rest, everyday life, or etc then it can cause you to actually gain fat/weight or even plauteau. Make sure you adequate rest.

3. Hunger. It may definitely be a sign of weight-loss plateau, That’s the brain's way of trying to keep your weight stable When you lose weight, the brain and body compensate by making you hungry, which causes you to eat or store more. (Researchers from the National Institutes of Health) Goes back to make sure you are getting in enough.

4. Make sure strength training or change up your workout.

Supersets are back-to-back resistance exercises that are time savers and calorie burners. Drop sets are when you do multiple sets in a row without rest and decrease the weight each time. Both can fatigue a muscle group very efficiently.

Circuit training, in which you do one set of each move in order, often interspersing some form of cardio in between sets—jumping rope or burpees, for example—can torch more calories than regular weight training. It also saves time by combining cardio and strength.

Intervals and HIIT training are also good options if you’re just bored with your workout or can’t find enough time to be consistent.

Make sure you are getting in strength training and not just cardio. The more muscle you can gain the more fat you can burn. Strength training may not give you the instant heart-pounding, sweat-dripping satisfaction of long run, Zumba, or a cycling class, in the long run, building lean muscle definitely works in favor of your weight-loss goals. Like I stated Having more muscle means your body burns more calories at rest.

Aerobic exercise (running, cycling, etc.) is actually an effective in losing weight. With that being said it’s not the best at burning fat and increasing lean mass (muscle). When you’re losing weight strictly through cardio, it’s normal to lose muscle and fat. And if resistance training isn’t a part of your plan to counteract this, you could actually be SLOWING DOWN YOUR METABOLISM by losing lean muscle mass, rather than revving it up.

5. Switch up your diet. In other words you may need to zig zag your diet. (If not sure maybe get a professional to help you) For example If you are eating 1500 calories regularly maybe do a zig zag like
    Mon 1500
    Tue 1200
    Wed 1800
    Thurs 1500
    Fri 1200
    Sat 1500
    Sun 1800

Higher calories on strength training days. lower calories on cardio days. 1500 on rest or idle days. This again is an example.

*****AGAIN maybe talk to professional that could help you. Here is an article you can read as well. https://www.beachbodyondemand.com/blog/how-zigzag-dieting-can-break-your-weight-loss-plateau

At least when I did it, it was only 2 sentences.

Ahh, but you have a bit more insight to me, I think. You've seen me all over the message boards lol
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I think it is funny that I was just playing dumb to make a joke and someone came behind me and actually did it. Some people get so wrapped up in being "experts" they don't even bother to read the thread. lol
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    You've got this. But more importantly, is **ducks** the new **kitten**? :smiley:

Why not?
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm so with you! I'm 2.2 pounds away from 100 pounds gone. It's a huge milestone and I want it so bad! My birthday is in 4 days and I would love to have hit it for that... maybe I should start weight lifting and zig zagging... lol
  • serindipte
    Options
    I'm so with you! I'm 2.2 pounds away from 100 pounds gone. It's a huge milestone and I want it so bad! My birthday is in 4 days and I would love to have hit it for that... maybe I should start weight lifting and zig zagging... lol

I'm going to be CRAZY when I get to that milestone!! Way to go!!! Let us know when you hit it! Maybe it'll be birthday morning :smiley: You could throw in some ACV, just in case lol
  • mazcor536
    mazcor536 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It’s ‘cause that golden ONEderland is right there within reach. I hope you get your whoosh really soon and it be a good one! I was 0.4lb away from my next “mini goal” last week. 0.4 for DUCKS SAKE! :D Now I’m 2.8lb away because the scale has been playing games. It’ll happen. You better come in here to celebrate when you’ve done it! Best wishes!
  • serindipte
    Options
    mazcor536 wrote: »
    It’s ‘cause that golden ONEderland is right there within reach. I hope you get your whoosh really soon and it be a good one! I was 0.4lb away from my next “mini goal” last week. 0.4 for DUCKS SAKE! :D Now I’m 2.8lb away because the scale has been playing games. It’ll happen. You better come in here to celebrate when you’ve done it! Best wishes!

We'll get there!!! Let us know when you hit it!
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I am late to the party too but I am there with you! I put on about 7 pounds after my initial loss of 80 that I want to get back off but man have I been stuck at 140 for ducking ever! I can't seem to get myself into the 130's where I desperately want to be back to. It really is the worst when you are so close to a milestone or range you want to be in. Best of luck to you and make sure to let us know when you hit it!
  • snemberton
    snemberton Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    serindipte wrote: »
    Hey, Leo..

I sleep 6-7 hrs per night and get a 1-2 hr nap every day. Pretty sure I'm good here.
    I want a nap every day! I just can't fit it into my schedule without messing up my nighttime sleeping. I'll catch a quick 5 minute catnap at my desk some days if I'm super tired. (I get nearly 8 a night and I probably don't NEED a nap, it just sounds relaxing. LOL)

And congrats on the down 13. I've been "stuck" for a week or so too, but it's about to be TOM, so that should change next week hopefully. I'm just a pound shy of 10 down in 6 weeks and I can FEEL those slight signs (clothes a tad more loose, a little muscle definition, etc), so I know I'm fine, but patience isn't always easy to have.