Not losing weight! (Vent)

Options

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    Doesn't it seem like the more you want that next number, the harder it is to get there? I have been trending that same way toward 190 for a MONTH. Patience ducks!

I'll be in that same boat once I hit the under 200 lol... Then I'll be ready for under 190!
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I hear you! Managing my patience to meet my short term goal weight is infuriating! I keep telling myself "trust the process" and "slow and steady!"
  • Ainadan
    Ainadan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way with getting below 190. Ugh!
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Patience is so hard! I am a little over 1/3 of the way to my goal of losing 200 pounds, so I should have the patience of a saint when this is all over! I need to follow this thread so I can cheer when you do hit it! It will be soon, but it’s like Christmas morning anticipation.
  • serindipte
    Options
    Patience is so hard! I am a little over 1/3 of the way to my goal of losing 200 pounds, so I should have the patience of a saint when this is all over! I need to follow this thread so I can cheer when you do hit it! It will be soon, but it’s like Christmas morning anticipation.

I think Christmas is easier! At least we know the date for that lol
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I’m feeling it too! I work in kgs and I’ve been wanting to hit under 90 sooooo bad... I’m inching towards it slowly, but it seems to be taking forever!
    Like you, I know I’ll get there eventually, but I REALLY want to see that 8 on the scale!

Hang in there, we got this!!! Keep on keeping on!
    xx
  • serindipte
    Options
    I’m feeling it too! I work in kgs and I’ve been wanting to hit under 90 sooooo bad... I’m inching towards it slowly, but it seems to be taking forever!
    Like you, I know I’ll get there eventually, but I REALLY want to see that 8 on the scale!

xx

I don't think I could do kgs. That'd take SO long to get from one to the next. Maybe you should switch to pounds just for this!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    serindipte wrote: »
    Same here!! I keep reminding myself, then I see the weight in the morning and say 'duck the scale, I'm not weighing for a week', then I'm on it again the next morning. I don't want to miss that downward dip lol

You could just do like me. This week was the first time I have weighed in 2 months. I have now missed my first significant weight loss chunk by 10lbs and my first major weight loss chunk by 3lbs. :mrgreen:
  • fouziaumer95
    fouziaumer95 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    Patience is hard, especially when you are close to a milestone like that.

If you need to vent more, we're here to listen. Keep on keeping on!

Hey Everyone
  • serindipte
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    You may be eating more than you realize. You should get a food scale to improve your logging accuracy.

Don't mind me. I am just pretending to be one of those people who never really read the thread and just start answering the question.

You must be silly bored today lol
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Bit late to the party but now beginning to get the kitten thing lol
    I feel like I've been stuck for weeks too and nothing seems to have moved since the new year but then when I checked I've actually lost a stone!

• serindipte
    Options
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    Bit late to the party but now beginning to get the kitten thing lol
    I feel like I've been stuck for weeks too and nothing seems to have moved since the new year but then when I checked I've actually lost a stone!

Way to go!! I can't complain too much. I started Apr 22 and am down 13 lbs. I just want to hit that under 200 mark lol
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    serindipte wrote: »

xx

I don't think I could do kgs. That'd take SO long to get from one to the next. Maybe you should switch to pounds just for this!

You're forgetting: They have grams. We only have ounces. They win. ;)

Haha, yes. My scale weighs in kgs and 100g increments. So I’m just as happy seeing a 200g loss... or a 500g loss.... just weighed this morning and am chalking up another 500g loss, woohoo!!! B)

Everything is in grams and kg in my country... I’ve always struggled to understand pounds!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I’ve spent so much time trying to get below 350 since the beginning of the year. I’ve floated between 352-363. As others said, the more you want it, the harder it is to get there. I got so frustrated that I went back to see the bariatric surgeon I went to see 7 years ago when I considered getting lap-band. I was at 364 (10 shy of when I first started losing weight - lost 125 pounds, then gained almost all back). He wants me to get to 340. I weighed this morning—345.5.

The only difference between then and now is that I’ve been logging my food like a fiend...and I got a Fitbit Versa, and started going back to WW. I’m mainly going there for the weekly weigh-in’s for accountability. Plus the idea that if i dont do well, my log will sing like a canary to the bariatric nurse.

Patience has never been one of my strong points. Having to wait just aggravates me.

Just wanted to say I understand where you are, just keep reevaluating what you’re doing - just to see if there’s anything you can do differently. Sometimes the smallest change can make a world of change.