Judgment Free Zone

Options
13»

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    I keep my eyes on my own plate.

Do you really know how to think free? Are you confused due to the conditional brain accepting what it is told without critical analyses. The lazy brain protests the thought of considering questions.

Thoughts become entrenched taking the path of least resistance...more the pathways are reinforced and used - the more entrenched they become.

Expanding thought requires pushing the rivers in new directions which takes conscious energy. The lazy brain just goes with the flow.

It is easier to believe what is taught about dieting or anything than question it.

Conscious thought is the direct opposite of socially engineered thinking. New possibilities alter the pathways in your brain.

Lazy brains protest having to think in new ways. Conscious thoughts allow for happiness.

There's no basis for thinking beyond what we're told to do. We prefer to keep our mouths shut and voice no negatives that go against the grain of dieting fads and trends or peer pressure. That can bring more food sadness and food misery.

Really reaching for happiness every day is energizing. It expands your thoughts to new horizons. Conscious awareness inspires positive actions that can unite us rather than divide us.

Deprogram. Think for yourself.

Think for just a moment. Expand your perception to consider the possibilities beyond what you think you know.

Retrain your brain to think free.

Train your brain to think in new ways.

Food peace begins with inner peace. Voice no negative towards yourself without a solution.

Gather your strength of spirit to dare to care about yourself and others.

Awareness is the first step towards positive and necessary change.

Food truth seekers want the truth regardless of what it costs.

I keep my eyes on my own plate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLboSyS4EnA[/url]
  • KatTad77
    KatTad77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Mari22na wrote: »
    Freedom to share about your weight releasing journey, maintenance, how you've stopped yourself from falling back into old patterns and habits that lead to rebound weight gain. How you were able to right your ship through. How do you handle food triggers. So much of food and weight stability is mental. How we think about things, approach them, work through them. How do you continue on. This is a judgment free zone.

I still have a long journey but I am still pretty proud of myself. I have went from over 400 pounds to under 300 in a year and a few months. My motivation is my son first and my career second. I allow myself one treat day and its Saturdays. I work with plateaus by changing my exercise routines. I keep myself from trigger foods by not allowing it in the house. It's not an easy journey but nothing great is ever easy.
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    I still have a long journey but I am still pretty proud of myself.

Hello, Hellooo....you've made my day. I'm proud of you, too. Much love to you KatTad, come back anytime and share all of your good decisions. The half has not been told how much all of this matters to your son and others. Bravo.

• Diatonic12
    Options
    Willpower runs out. Motivation is a gift. There's a big difference between the two.

Willpower = Forcing yourself to take action

Motivation = Increasing your own desire to take action

You can take action even if you're not motivated to do so.

The body is bent on survival. Eventually, the body will want you to move, get off the couch and move at some speed above zero. I know how to motivate myself, talk to myself and even entertain myself. In the end, who else is going to do it for you. No one can.

You can read self-help motivational books until you're filled to the brim with words, words, words. In in the end, you don't even remember what they've said. Too many words.

Weight Releasing = 80% food awareness and 20% exercise that you enjoy on your own terms

Sprinting and running isn't right for my body. It's a thing of my childhood. Dieting until your weight is artificially low due to the stress of overrestriction - there will be a great appetite reckoning to face in the future.

The point being that when you can no longer imagine taking off more body weight because it's not going to dramatically change your running or lifting abilities or your back/hips/knees/shoulders tolerance of said abilities...

You have to come to grips with the body you have today is where you will be now and for the foreseeable future. It's enough.

Working on building a better core is not enough to offset bulging discs, pinched nerves, bone spurs or arthritis.

Tread lightly.

Maybe you should stop sprinting. Maybe you can run without negative repercussions. Bike without cramps. Not particularly fast, but so what. It is darned hard to give up the things we really want to do. You can keep tooling along right on the edge of discomfort and gut it out.

Pain is the precursor to change. All change.

It may be time for renewal, reassessment and a reassertion of your goals. Many people keep starting over and over and over again to get control of their weight and lifestyle in general. Many thrill eaters look into their pasts and childhood for the clues.

What the root cause is. I'm beyond willing to plumb the depths of my soul for answers. Search all of the dark corners and ugly places of the ego and super ego. I'm always hoping to find the signs that point towards the key to unlocking all of the mysteries of thrill eating and weight maintenance.

Theoretically, I'd love to know the why, why, why. So much of the food/weight mystery is still unexplored. I can't get bogged down in the unknown roots because it's not very productive. My time is better spent on dealing with the present rather than the past. That's just how I tick.

When all of the dieting is done, did it change everything for you then?

http://"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsqF3p8ORDE[/url]

They call me the breeze. Ain't no change in me. I'm going to keep tooling on down the road. I've got to keep moving on.

Oh bliss, oh joy, oh happiness found.
    Much Love.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Mari22na wrote: »
    Willpower runs out. Motivation is a gift. There's a big difference between the two.

Willpower = Forcing yourself to take action

Motivation = Increasing your own desire to take action

You can take action even if you're not motivated to do so.

The body is bent on survival. Eventually, the body will want you to move, get off the couch and move at some speed above zero. I know how to motivate myself, talk to myself and even entertain myself. In the end, who else is going to do it for you. No one can.

You can read self-help motivational books until you're filled to the brim with words, words, words. In in the end, you don't even remember what they've said. Too many words.

Weight Releasing = 80% food awareness and 20% exercise that you enjoy on your own terms

Sprinting and running isn't right for my body. It's a thing of my childhood. Dieting until your weight is artificially low due to the stress of overrestriction - there will be a great appetite reckoning to face in the future.

The point being that when you can no longer imagine taking off more body weight because it's not going to dramatically change your running or lifting abilities or your back/hips/knees/shoulders tolerance of said abilities...

You have to come to grips with the body you have today is where you will be now and for the foreseeable future. It's enough.

Working on building a better core is not enough to offset bulging discs, pinched nerves, bone spurs or arthritis.

Tread lightly.

Maybe you should stop sprinting. Maybe you can run without negative repercussions. Bike without cramps. Not particularly fast, but so what. It is darned hard to give up the things we really want to do. You can keep tooling along right on the edge of discomfort and gut it out.

Pain is the precursor to change. All change.

It may be time for renewal, reassessment and a reassertion of your goals. Many people keep starting over and over and over again to get control of their weight and lifestyle in general. Many thrill eaters look into their pasts and childhood for the clues.

What the root cause is. I'm beyond willing to plumb the depths of my soul for answers. Search all of the dark corners and ugly places of the ego and super ego. I'm always hoping to find the signs that point towards the key to unlocking all of the mysteries of thrill eating and weight maintenance.

Theoretically, I'd love to know the why, why, why. So much of the food/weight mystery is still unexplored. I can't get bogged down in the unknown roots because it's not very productive. My time is better spent on dealing with the present rather than the past. That's just how I tick.

When all of the dieting is done, did it change everything for you then?

http://"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsqF3p8ORDE[/url]

They call me the breeze. Ain't no change in me. I'm going to keep tooling on down the road. I've got to keep moving on.

Oh bliss, oh joy, oh happiness found.
    Much Love.

A bot?
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    If dieting really worked, you would do one diet, one time and be fixed for life.

Dieting doesn't work. It's a temporary fix to compensate for weight struggles...during giant month hunks of your life.

You've probably heard about OMAD. One Meal A Day. It's going to solve all of your problems. Not.

Within 1 hour's time you take in all of your food, preferably at noontime. The theory goes that one insulin excursion per day will be magic. The sky is not the limit, if you can dream it and build it, you can eat all the things within that one hour. For extra metabolism boosting, you drink ACV with the big lunchtime lallapalooza.
    Supposedly, you're going to be dropping it like it's hot and burning fat like a machine.

If dieting really worked, you would do one diet, one time and be fixed for the rest of your life.

Talking to yourself can really help you during the inevitable rough patches.
    I've been thinking about words. So many words.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today. If you overate yesterday, there's no need to undereat today. It's our job to keep food calm and not join the chaos out there everywhere else. I don't want to go out like that.

http://"]https://youtu.be/iDnwUavXEyM[/url]