I don’t like vegetables

13»

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    I love raw tomatoes, cauliflower, and avocado now, all of which I used to dislike intensely. I still hate tuna and most seafood. I try sushi every now and then because I really WANT to like it, but nope :confounded: Tastes do change, but not necessarily to the point you'll like EVERYTHING. It's good to retry every now and then though. You might be surprised someday.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    actually as you get older tastes change. I still cant "train" myself to eat certain veggies. I have tried. but I do like things now I didnt before. my daughter still wont eat certain things either. some people have smell and texture issues to certain foods.there is no changing that. same with tuna and other foods. I cannot even get myself to eat those anymore, I gag at the thought about eating them.I lost my taste for them

Ah well I guess everyone's different then. I'm just going off my experience really. Tuna and salmon are two other things I used to hate with a passion too (taste, texture and smell) and it wasn't until I persevered like I say that I actually came round to it.

I can eat salmon no issues. but can no longer eat tuna.It may be gros but I used to love whats called potted meat. cant even eat that anymore. used to hate coffee but love it. rather have cold coffee though(cold brew)
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Whenever I read threads like this it makes me wonder what people in 3rd world countries on the brink of starvation must think of us. You just can't eat all those foods???

While it's true there are people on the autism spectrum with sensory issues who really can't tolerate certain foods, most people who claim not to like veggies could probably learn to like them. But I think a lot of people would rather just take the easy road and say "well I ate a salad years ago and gagged so I can't eat veggies."

If you don't like the texture then incorporate small amounts slowly. For example, Taco salad has a few shreds of lettuce. Can you force yourself to stomach those few shreds? Can you get used to eating small amounts of hidden veggies in beef stew or other soups?

If you're dedicated then you can work your way up to salad. No it won't be easy. And if you don't want to do it that's fine because you don't need salads to lose weight or be healthy. But don't pretend it can't be done.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,853 Member
    Btw, tomatoes are fruits and not vegetables. I do prefer tinned tomatoes though as they tend to have more taste than those water bombs with red colouring you can get here.
  • mermaidnj
    mermaidnj Posts: 161 Member
    I like veggies can t stand the meat :/ Eating raw can be tough on the digestive track... Have you tried boiling then pureeing them? looks like baby food but helps me get more in.. cauliflower boiled and mashed is great if necessary mix it with some mashed potatoes or some spinege or kale in hummus.. lots of ways to hide them
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    I haven't eaten vegetables for months and am just fine. I only eat meat, and only a few types of meats at that... and my health is better now. Don't beat yourself up over not eating vegetables.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    If you're only concerned about getting enough calories for the day eating only the foods you've mentioned that you like, there are little things you can do to add calories to what you're already eating. Add a little butter on your green beans, potatoes, etc. Opt for full-fat dairy products if you eat dairy. Add a sauce or some cheese to add a few calories. Have dessert once a day. Since you're drinking soda, drink soda with sugar instead of artificial sweetener.

Losing weight is all about calories in and calories burned. Your efforts will only be hindered if you eat too many calories of whatever you choose to eat.