The MFP LBD Thread

Options

Replies

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Thanks again for the compliments, y'all 😌

As for the footwear comments. I can only wear Mary Jane style heels. What laws of physics work for every other person that heels stay on their feet without an ankle strap?!

Tell me I'm not the only one with this issue. Please normalize my challenges 😭

Do you have high arches? I have different issues with wearing heels. They don’t stay on because i keep swapping them for sneaks 😅
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,565 Member
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »
    Thanks again for the compliments, y'all 😌

As for the footwear comments. I can only wear Mary Jane style heels. What laws of physics work for every other person that heels stay on their feet without an ankle strap?!

Tell me I'm not the only one with this issue. Please normalize my challenges 😭

Do you have high arches? I have different issues with wearing heels. They don’t stay on because i keep swapping them for sneaks 😅

I can't wear heels anymore. I wrecked my foot because i decided that I would do stairs on my breaks, but didn't want to change my shoes. Over the long term... Not a very good idea.

Now I have arthritis and can barely walk after a full day in heels. Still wear them with the LBD though. It's not the same in flats (Esp when your feet are freaking skis lol)

As for falling off... If they are even a hair too big or too wide in the back they always turn into flip flop heels. Not a sexy look in the least!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    😲 @CacoEther Hmm, I've had "flat feet" all my life. But my custom orthotics never fit in my dress shoes (not even the flats). After seeing your life-changing comment, I just saw some YouTubers mention OTC brands like Dr. Scholl's. But I also wear runners/sneakers most of the time.

@KickassAmazon76 You're right: fit definitely matters. Other than ordering bespoke shoes, I don't see what else I can try after the above OTC orthotics/inserts. Sorry to hear about the arthritis issues...especially if you're still wearing heels on occasion.

These things really are torture devices. Sexy-looking, outfit enhancing, height improving torture devices.
  • CacoEther
    Options
    😲 @CacoEther Hmm, I've had "flat feet" all my life. But my custom orthotics never fit in my dress shoes (not even the flats). After seeing your life-changing comment, I just saw some YouTubers mention OTC brands like Dr. Scholl's. But I also wear runners/sneakers most of the time.

@KickassAmazon76 You're right: fit definitely matters. Other than ordering bespoke shoes, I don't see what else I can try after the above OTC orthotics/inserts. Sorry to hear about the arthritis issues...especially if you're still wearing heels on occasion.

These things really are torture devices. Sexy-looking, outfit enhancing, height improving torture devices.

Haha... At 6'1"..there aren't many guys who think an extra 3" are an improvement. 😂

But honestly... I don't care. Lol what's 3 extra inches in a sky scraper? 😂

Damn i bet you look smokin in 3” heels
  • CacoEther
    Options
    @MaltedTea wrote: »
    😲 @CacoEther Hmm, I've had "flat feet" all my life. But my custom orthotics never fit in my dress shoes (not even the flats).

Ugh, this is me too. I’ve been fitted for custom orthotics and everything as well but they are super annoying to wear. I now have settled on only wearing comfy shoes. Some of them are really cute but heck yes they’re ‘comfy shoe’ brands. I only have one pair of heels anymore. I used to wear them to work every day with a power suit. Torture devices indeed
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

Haha... At 6'1"..there aren't many guys who think an extra 3" are an improvement. 😂

I maaaaay have posted on my wall a few days ago. But there's probably a lot of scrolling. Lol
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options

I maaaaay have posted on my wall a few days ago. But there's probably a lot of scrolling. Lol

Goes back there now to check it out.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    byvm5ixoni81.jpg

Just reminding myself why I married you 😏😍
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    byvm5ixoni81.jpg

Just reminding myself why I married you 😏😍

Gorgeous dress! Looking lovely and elegant!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    tams_89 wrote: »
    jk0rzwanswc2.jpg

The perfect balance of sass 'n class!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    this thread is dangerous

Yes, it is. Dangerous and the comments are most entertaining. Thanks for brightening the day, ladies
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    If the guys want to share their LBD pics... It could totally change the vibe of this thread! Haha
  • 2Racks
    2Racks Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    If the guys want to share their LBD pics... It could totally change the vibe of this thread! Haha

Bahahahahahha
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    2Racks wrote: »

Bahahahahahha

Wait... Is that a no? Haha

I love that I got a disagree!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

giphy.gif
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

giphy.gif

Hahaha. You rock, @Motorsheen
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    37yor4ei1syc.jpeg

I do not own a LBD.....LBS? And 1 of like 3 shirts I might be able to con myself into thinking is “going out” worthy. And the only pair of heels my daughter hasn’t ruined. 🙈I don’t have bare legs. Ever. For many many years. Way out of my comfort zone. It makes me laugh a little when someone calls me “skinny”. These are not the legs of a skinny person.

OH DAMN WOMAN! *faints*

yjzayspkn4ei.gif