In Search of Manly Snacks

Options
124»

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    ETA - I guess that's only a problem if you aren't eating the whole bag at once...

D'uh!
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    ETA - I guess that's only a problem if you aren't eating the whole bag at once...

D'uh!

I do most of my shopping at Costco, so the bags are the size of a small child.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

D'uh!

I do most of my shopping at Costco, so the bags are the size of a small childAdult.

FTFY
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    What makes a snack "manly"? Why does he have to have special "manly" snacks? Does he need or want help with planning his own snacks?

I hate this term. I don't drink beer, wine or coffee. I like my cocktails & when people call them girly drinks I want to slap the taste out of their mouths. <Steps off his soapbox>

When I grill, I make extra of whatever I'm grilling & I'll eat it the next day after 9Round for a snack. Meat, cheese, pistachios, chocolate milk, they all work, depending on his likes/dislikes
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    JBApplebee wrote: »
    What makes a snack "manly"? Why does he have to have special "manly" snacks? Does he need or want help with planning his own snacks?

I hate this term. I don't drink beer, wine or coffee. I like my cocktails & when people call them girly drinks I want to slap the taste out of their mouths. <Steps off his soapbox>

When I grill, I make extra of whatever I'm grilling & I'll eat it the next day after 9Round for a snack. Meat, cheese, pistachios, chocolate milk, they all work, depending on his likes/dislikes

Maybe if you drank less cocktails you might think of something other than slapping... j/k

I like scotch and I like appletinis. I like coffee but I drink more tea. I love a good bacon cheeseburger but I wouldn't say no to a cucumber sandwich. I cook and do laundry she takes out the trash. IMO, if you don't count urination most things are not gender specific. Men that get hung up on gender roles are either living in the past or insecure for some reason. This has nothing to do with this thread which is mostly tongue-in-cheek.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Maybe 100ft long?

homer.gif

• DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    JBApplebee wrote: »

Maybe if you drank less cocktails you might think of something other than slapping... j/k

I like scotch and I like appletinis. I like coffee but I drink more tea. I love a good bacon cheeseburger but I wouldn't say no to a cucumber sandwich. I cook and do laundry she takes out the trash. IMO, if you don't count urination most things are not gender specific. Men that get hung up on gender roles are either living in the past or insecure for some reason. This has nothing to do with this thread which is mostly tongue-in-cheek.

Uh...it's not the actual urination that's gender specific, it's the implements of urination.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    My pet peeve is people who open bags of chips with a vertical tear. Open the bag with the seam for goodness' sake!

Unfortunately, the vertical tear is trendy in the packaging world right now and I am not ashamed to admit that I do not buy brands that use that type of packaging (I'm looking at you Ritz Crisps and Kettle Brand chips).

Pffft. Horizontal, vertical, diagonal, zig-zagged, or gutted in the middle... open is open.

^^This. Just give me what's inside and nobody gets hurt.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs!
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is people who open bags of chips with a vertical tear. Open the bag with the seam for goodness' sake!

Unfortunately, the vertical tear is trendy in the packaging world right now and I am not ashamed to admit that I do not buy brands that use that type of packaging (I'm looking at you Ritz Crisps and Kettle Brand chips).

Pffft. Horizontal, vertical, diagonal, zig-zagged, or gutted in the middle... open is open.

My nephew handed me a bag of chips once that he had cut both end off the bag. He said it made it easier to share if each person had their own "tunnel" into the bag.

• Tacklewasher
    Options

D'uh!

I do most of my shopping at Costco, so the bags are the size of a small child.

So?

;)
  • Tacklewasher
    edited June 2018
    Options

Reminds me of people who insist toilet paper needs to be put on the roll a certain way.

All I care about is that it is there and I can reach it while on the toilet.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My husband always has some cheese and pretzels or something a couple hours later. Or chicken nuggers. Or leftovers.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    If he really likes butter, you might try this recipe:

https://youtu.be/8o7E3ioJ9Ek
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I’m vegan, he’s not. He eats (mostly) what I eat, but cooks himself a hunk of meat to go with.
  • AllSpiceNice
    AllSpiceNice Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me from a scene in Dumb & Dumber...

“For manly love, be here March 25th at 2:15am sharp”

:D>:):D
  • saires_au
    saires_au Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I tend to have more low calorie veggies and skip a serve of carbs (potato, rice, pasta) or have a smaller serve of carbs than my husband. I give him larger serve of protein and he often makes a sandwich with the leftovers to fill up. He also adds sauce, mayo and butter and other calorie dense condiments to meals.

He sorts his own breakfast, lunch and snacks. We have lots to choose from as a family of five we keep a variety of foods on hand to feed everyone!