Do I have to eat just fat?

Options
2»

Replies

• touchdry
    touchdry Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is weird ... I have just replied but for some reason they have not been posted but need to be approved!?
  • touchdry
    Options
    ... I am suddenly in a place where I don't know where I am!!
  • touchdry
    Options
    Sorry, I cannot answer you cmriverside ... MFP will not let me tell you why I cannot join LCD Group!
  • ancientcarpet
    ancientcarpet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    touchdry, censoring speech seems to have become an accepted practice by many self-appointed parents ...they never tell you why..they just do it.
  • touchdry
    Options
    ... yer ... but what am I saying that is so offensive ... and to whom?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    touchdry wrote: »

You're not being censored. Your posts are visible. This is likely happening because your total post count is low so there is a temporary limit on how much you can post in a given time. As you post more, you won't see this message as much (at least in my experience).
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    touchdry wrote: »

I suspect that the frequency and length of your posts when combined with the relative new nature of your account triggered an automatic spam guard within the forum software.

Your attempts to follow up and ask further questions further with additional short comments convinced the automated guard to reinforce the limits.

So, try slowing down and putting a bit more content/context into your comments.

A Mod will probably be along presently to return you to green light status.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    Options
    Slowing down. Good life advice always.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I've been keto for most of a few years. I approach my macros this way:

Carbs is a ceiling that I try to stay under. Those who have metabolic or health issues will need to be stricter about that than others. As a rule, most will be in ketosis somewhere under 20-50g of carbs.

Protein is a goal to meet or exceed and is usually moderate, meaning 15-35%. Steve Phinney, a LCHF/keto researcher gives his macros as a moderate example. He sticks with 150g or 21% of about 2800 kcal total. If he was trying to lose, that percentage would be higher. If he ate 1800 kcal a day, then 150g protein would be 33% of his total. Extra protein is not usually a problem unless you need high ketones for a health issue (most have to hit 200+ g for it to really lower ketones) or you are a diabetic who finds moderate/higher protein is negatively affecting their blood glucose.

Fat fills in the rest. On a hungry day, that could be 1800 kcal (200g) or so. On a not hungry day, it may be only 500kcal (~ 55g) or so. On hungry days, eat fattier foods and on less hungry days, go with leaner meats and fewer pure fats like butter or olive oil or cheese.

Do join the Low Carber Daily of Keto groups. Lots of recipe and food idea threads in there.
  • touchdry
    Options
    Thanks for the valuable info nvmomketo ... unfortunately I keep getting a blank when I try to join Lower Carbers - I have no idea why ... I just cannot get in!
  • touchdry
    Options
    I doesn't get any weirder! I have again tried to join the low carbers group, made my request ... and hey presto! The join button has disappeared and I am still being told that in order to view the group I have to join ... so how do I do that if there is no longer a 'join' button?