kelly clarksons weight loss and a good laugh

Options
CharlieBeansmomTracey
CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
(mods please move if this isnt the place for it just didnt know where you post it)
so there are a few articles saying that kelly clarkson lost some weight eating a plant based diet and no exercise. we know that comes down to a calorie deficit of course. so I commented on how I got fat eating a lot of fruits and veggies. some woman says"well yeah because its sugar".

um no I gained it eating too much food. she then told me that I am skinny fat(didnt even see a pic) because I eat what I want and dont eat "clean" and dont exercise(I do but never shared that),trust me Im no where near skinny fat. she then chimes in " good luck wanting to be skinny fat from your competitive body builder(wasnt spelled correctly) yet she had no full body pics either. most women that I know that compete have pics of their accomplishments

That to lose fat and weight you have to eat clean 80% of the time and 20% of its exercise. Told her weight loss is all about calories,but that exercise is good for you. I said I eat what I wanted in moderation. them of course someone jumped in saying that I needed to rethink how I ate(I never said what I did or didnt eat just that I ate what I wanted in moderation and still lost weight. The other woman said fruit are carbs. umm really? you dont say?

so are whole grains,fiber and veggies too. But i thanked the one for assuming that she knew things about me. told the other one well thanks for saying what she did but my health and health markers improved eating the way I do and continue to improve.And as long as I know how to lose weight.build muscle I know how and will do so as long as I see results.

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    No matter what you believe you can confirm or deny it on the internet

I posted links (peer reviewed scientific) stating a few things. but yeah I found it funny. I said to the bodybuilder" I guess you dont cut and eat in a deficit then?"
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    No matter what you believe you can confirm or deny it on the internet

I can also confirm that I can deny that I deny confirming things, on the Internet.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    As long as Kelly Clarkson's not a bodybuilder I'm good.

lol
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Yea... I wouldn't worry too much about what other people go on about. I don't mind discussion with people on certain forums where science is more favoured and people legitimately want to learn.. but in the end not everyone is going to listen and they will continue to believe what they want. Let them waffle around if that's what they want to do. Kelly Clarkson and the others can keep doing what they are doing, good for them. I am going to keep doing what I am doing.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Yea... I wouldn't worry too much about what other people go on about. I don't mind discussion with people on certain forums where science is more favoured and people legitimately want to learn.. but in the end not everyone is going to listen and they will continue to believe what they want. Let them waffle around if that's what they want to do. Kelly Clarkson and the others can keep doing what they are doing, good for them. I am going to keep doing what I am doing.

I agree I just thought it was funny that someone just assumed something about me when they saw no pic or had NO idea what I do or dont do.. Im seeing results that I want to see so Im going to do what I have been regardless. my health has also improved so I must be doing something right.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I love Kelly Clarkson. I wish people would get over her body image. She's a badasss singer.

I don't think there's anything to get over - just check out how sexy she is in one of her recent videos. I wish I moved and felt half as attractive and empowered as she seems to.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BspHjvU11y4
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I love Kelly Clarkson. I wish people would get over her body image. She's a badasss singer.

Adele too!

I love Kelly Clarson and Adele, too! Oh wait...nevermind...don’t tell anyone!
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    (mods please move if this isnt the place for it just didnt know where you post it)
    so there are a few articles saying that kelly clarkson lost some weight eating a plant based diet and no exercise. we know that comes down to a calorie deficit of course. so I commented on how I got fat eating a lot of fruits and veggies. some woman says"well yeah because its sugar".

um no I gained it eating too much food. she then told me that I am skinny fat(didnt even see a pic) because I eat what I want and dont eat "clean" and dont exercise(I do but never shared that),trust me Im no where near skinny fat. she then chimes in " good luck wanting to be skinny fat from your competitive body builder(wasnt spelled correctly) yet she had no full body pics either. most women that I know that compete have pics of their accomplishments

That to lose fat and weight you have to eat clean 80% of the time and 20% of its exercise. Told her weight loss is all about calories,but that exercise is good for you. I said I eat what I wanted in moderation. them of course someone jumped in saying that I needed to rethink how I ate(I never said what I did or didnt eat just that I ate what I wanted in moderation and still lost weight. The other woman said fruit are carbs. umm really? you dont say?

so are whole grains,fiber and veggies too. But i thanked the one for assuming that she knew things about me. told the other one well thanks for saying what she did but my health and health markers improved eating the way I do and continue to improve.And as long as I know how to lose weight.build muscle I know how and will do so as long as I see results.

I'm looking for the good laugh.

Still looking.

Where IS that darn good laugh?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Who's Kelly Clarkson? Is it safe to google her?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

I actually lose more weight when I eat "clean" then when I eat in "moderation". I count my calories but find I fuller eating "cleanly". Eating what I want in "moderation" can lead me to not moderate it more times than not.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    A competitive body builder with no full body pics....seems slightly suspicious, but ok! No one here is an expert on fitness or weight loss, but I can say that calorie deficit was how I lost over 100lbs

are you new? everyone on MFP is an expert! :D:D:D
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    There's a know- it -all ( or 36743357888 know-it-alls) on every platform. I wouldn't pay it any mind at all.
    I've been to body building competitions and met ladies who think that sugar is the devil and have met ladies there who know the truth. I've met obese people who understand that weight loss comes down to calories and have met thin people who think that keto is magic and cures every ailment under the sun. There's no telling who someone really is or what they really know , Take it all with a grain of salt.