Options
2»

Replies

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    LMNOP55 wrote: »
    You know who makes good eggs? My Grandma, she makes the best eggs ever

You know the best egg scene in movies? Twister. Oh and Spanglish.

and hot shots
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    You know who makes good eggs? My Grandma, she makes the best eggs ever

You know the best egg scene in movies? Twister. Oh and Spanglish.

Oh and Aliens

Spanglish.....the egg scene is of great quality, and who doesn't love eggs when storm chasing?

Sometimes eggs that are good can be used in the most horrible ways, like those poor eggs that were thrown at Josie Grosie

lwaaphsud5pn.gif
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    (mods please move if this isnt the place for it just didnt know where you post it)
    so there are a few articles saying that kelly clarkson lost some weight eating a plant based diet and no exercise. we know that comes down to a calorie deficit of course. so I commented on how I got fat eating a lot of fruits and veggies. some woman says"well yeah because its sugar".

um no I gained it eating too much food. she then told me that I am skinny fat(didnt even see a pic) because I eat what I want and dont eat "clean" and dont exercise(I do but never shared that),trust me Im no where near skinny fat. she then chimes in " good luck wanting to be skinny fat from your competitive body builder(wasnt spelled correctly) yet she had no full body pics either. most women that I know that compete have pics of their accomplishments

That to lose fat and weight you have to eat clean 80% of the time and 20% of its exercise. Told her weight loss is all about calories,but that exercise is good for you. I said I eat what I wanted in moderation. them of course someone jumped in saying that I needed to rethink how I ate(I never said what I did or didnt eat just that I ate what I wanted in moderation and still lost weight. The other woman said fruit are carbs. umm really? you dont say?

so are whole grains,fiber and veggies too. But i thanked the one for assuming that she knew things about me. told the other one well thanks for saying what she did but my health and health markers improved eating the way I do and continue to improve.And as long as I know how to lose weight.build muscle I know how and will do so as long as I see results.

I actually lose more weight when I eat "clean" then when I eat in "moderation". I count my calories but find I fuller eating "cleanly". Eating what I want in "moderation" can lead me to not moderate it more times than not.

it could be that when you eat "clean" you are taking in less calories so therefore more weight loss due to a bigger deficit(because of lower calorie foods). but. I lost weight and am maintaining right now and I eat what I like. some days I eat better other days not so much. but as long as Im seeing results I dont care. when I start cutting things out thats when I want those things more and go completely overboard. I cant be real strict as it leads me to want to eat what most would call junk food. I dont want to do that either. But hey if that works for you than great.

but for someone to say"well good luck on being skinny fat eating that way and not exercising" when I do exercise and Im not skinny fat I find funny. I thought assuming something about me that she had no proof of or doesnt even know me was hilarious. also telling people they wont lose weight because of sugar and that the only way to lose is to cut out white bread,fruits,sodium,potatoes and things like that is ludicrous(unless you have a health issue or intolerance/allergy). I guess some just dont know how weight is really lost.so they thing they have to resort to those things to do so.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    (mods please move if this isnt the place for it just didnt know where you post it)
    so there are a few articles saying that kelly clarkson lost some weight eating a plant based diet and no exercise. we know that comes down to a calorie deficit of course. so I commented on how I got fat eating a lot of fruits and veggies. some woman says"well yeah because its sugar".

um no I gained it eating too much food. she then told me that I am skinny fat(didnt even see a pic) because I eat what I want and dont eat "clean" and dont exercise(I do but never shared that),trust me Im no where near skinny fat. she then chimes in " good luck wanting to be skinny fat from your competitive body builder(wasnt spelled correctly) yet she had no full body pics either. most women that I know that compete have pics of their accomplishments

That to lose fat and weight you have to eat clean 80% of the time and 20% of its exercise. Told her weight loss is all about calories,but that exercise is good for you. I said I eat what I wanted in moderation. them of course someone jumped in saying that I needed to rethink how I ate(I never said what I did or didnt eat just that I ate what I wanted in moderation and still lost weight. The other woman said fruit are carbs. umm really? you dont say?

so are whole grains,fiber and veggies too. But i thanked the one for assuming that she knew things about me. told the other one well thanks for saying what she did but my health and health markers improved eating the way I do and continue to improve.And as long as I know how to lose weight.build muscle I know how and will do so as long as I see results.

I'm looking for the good laugh.

Still looking.

Where IS that darn good laugh?

sorry if you didnt find the humor in it
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

Still looking.

I actually didn't either.

Sounds like a lot of tooting one's own horn, my way is the only way, kind of stuff. That the internet.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

I actually lose more weight when I eat "clean" then when I eat in "moderation". I count my calories but find I fuller eating "cleanly". Eating what I want in "moderation" can lead me to not moderate it more times than not.

it could be that when you eat "clean" you are taking in less calories so therefore more weight loss due to a bigger deficit(because of lower calorie foods). but. I lost weight and am maintaining right now and I eat what I like. some days I eat better other days not so much. but as long as Im seeing results I dont care. when I start cutting things out thats when I want those things more and go completely overboard. I cant be real strict as it leads me to want to eat what most would call junk food. I dont want to do that either. But hey if that works for you than great.

but for someone to say"well good luck on being skinny fat eating that way and not exercising" when I do exercise and Im not skinny fat I find funny. I thought assuming something about me that she had no proof of or doesnt even know me was hilarious. also telling people they wont lose weight because of sugar and that the only way to lose is to cut out white bread,fruits,sodium,potatoes and things like that is ludicrous(unless you have a health issue or intolerance/allergy). I guess some just dont know how weight is really lost.so they thing they have to resort to those things to do so.

I counted my calories and I found getting 5 servings of veggies and fruit a day plus about 8 servings of grains and 1 to 3 servings of protein put me in deficit. I would go over if I ate junk food. I thought it was interesting. I always ask people that do any diet how many calories they eat. They usually can't tell me.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

I counted my calories and I found getting 5 servings of veggies and fruit a day plus about 8 servings of grains and 1 to 3 servings of protein put me in deficit. I would go over if I ate junk food. I thought it was interesting. I always ask people that do any diet how many calories they eat. They usually can't tell me.

I eat 1400-1500 I weigh everything on a food scale. on days I workout I eat about 1900 some days a little more. I am maintaining my weight right now and losing fat. so not complaining about that lol. Im not a big veggie eater. I like veggies I just cant eat a lot of them in a day.as for the grains 8 servings is a lot IMO. I try to get my protein in(I have to do low fat/high fiber due to a health issue) and then try to get enough fiber in and then carbs. If I could eat more fat that would probably mean less carbs. but since I cant I have to eat more carbs. Im not much of a bread or grain person either. I eat oatmeal from time to time. not big on rice though and I dont eat a lot of bread either.I can also only do so much salad at a time lol. I dont eat junk food everyday though.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Still looking.

I actually didn't either.

Sounds like a lot of tooting one's own horn, my way is the only way, kind of stuff. That the internet.

for me it was humorous because she assumed something about me that she had no idea of and that her way was the right way and bragging about being a body builder but no pics showed where I saw that she would even be close to being a body builder. she didnt have the physique like a lot of the lady builders on this site
  • ksfortney
    ksfortney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Kelly Clarkson has 2 kids under the age of 5 and she's a performer - I would be that she gets a lot more activity than those of us who "exercise." But the gist of this thread is that everyone is different, we all have to find our own way to reach whatever shape and level of health we find appropriate and attainable, and all the know-it-alls, fat shamers, and self righteous keto/paleo/whole 30/intermittent fasting/body builder/no carb/all carb/vegan/pescatarian/macrobiotic /donutarian/ or any other method evangelists should go ahead and feel smug if they like but keep it to themselves unless they are asked direct questions about how to do whatever they do.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    ksfortney wrote: »
    Kelly Clarkson has 2 kids under the age of 5 and she's a performer - I would be that she gets a lot more activity than those of us who "exercise." But the gist of this thread is that everyone is different, we all have to find our own way to reach whatever shape and level of health we find appropriate and attainable, and all the know-it-alls, fat shamers, and self righteous keto/paleo/whole 30/intermittent fasting/body builder/no carb/all carb/vegan/pescatarian/macrobiotic /donutarian/ or any other method evangelists should go ahead and feel smug if they like but keep it to themselves unless they are asked direct questions about how to do whatever they do.

I agree. I dont care how someone loses weight as long as they are doing it in a healthy manner meaning not starving themselves and not causing themselves malnutrition. being under the care of a dr is something different of course.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

I agree. I dont care how someone loses weight as long as they are doing it in a healthy manner meaning not starving themselves and not causing themselves malnutrition. being under the care of a dr is something different of course.

I actually don't care if they do it in an unhealthy manner as long as they don't die or have to get dialysis or go bald and have to wear a wig.

well I will advocate for eating enough for weight loss without them hurting themselves.an unhealthy manner though they could die or mess up their kidneys or so on.I hope you dont mean cancer though because that has nothing to do with dieting to lose weight.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

I actually don't care if they do it in an unhealthy manner as long as they don't die or have to get dialysis or go bald and have to wear a wig.

well I will advocate for eating enough for weight loss without them hurting themselves.an unhealthy manner though they could die or mess up their kidneys or so on.I hope you dont mean cancer though because that has nothing to do with dieting to lose weight.

I do not mean cancer, no.
    good to know.