Why are so few people aware of this?

Options

Replies

• choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    i hope there are selling that in our place,, i will try to search them in the groceries hehe
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I put this in oatmeal and it was awful... what did I do wrong? :S

Forgot to mention you should add some sweetener (I use Truvia) and that makes a huge difference. I use 1tbsp of the cocoa and 1 packet of truvia sweetener and the oatmeal is bangin
    I'll give that a try. I knew there had to be more to it.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I used the special dark one. It's fabulous.
  • greyoutside
    Options
    Hersheys makes me want to smash my face on something. So many other, better types of chocolate and chocolate powder.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Yes! I made a protein shake that was AMAZING tonight to bump up my calories (I was under). Milk, PB, cocoa powder, vanilla protein powder, ice and a packet of stevia blended. It tastes like a Reese's PB cup milkshake! Yum!:happy:

I'll also add I used nestle toll house cocoa powder, not Hershey's. I prefer it over Hershey's personally.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Banana or applesauce make great sweeteners too.
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    yessss thank you for sharing! i actually have some in my pantry i'm going to start adding to my shakes and possibly more stuff :D
  • RBurnham90
    RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've never tried the Nestle cocoa powder or the other brands. Maybe I'll give those a try
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I use it to make chocolate peanut butter cheesecake that has around 30 grams of protein per serving and less than 350 calories in each slice with lower fat and moderate carb content. Tastes awesome!

Could you put the recipe in this thread, please?
  • ctatchuan
    Options
    leh3L6d.jpg

This stuff is heavenly; 1 serving (1tbsp)= 10 calories; 3g carbs, .5g fat, 1g protein, and 2g of fiber

Mix it in oatmeal and you have chocolate oatmeal
    Mix it in protein shakes for chocolate flavor
    Use it for protein cake or other homemade protein recipes
    Use it for homemade cookies, pancakes, etc.

Use it in just about anything

Carries micronutrients as well. Here's an article about benefits of unsweetened cocoa if you care: http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/benefits-unsweetened-cocoa-powder-5662.html

Just thought I'd make you aware if you weren't. Go pick this up on your next grocery run and you'll thank me

I'm sold! => buying this tomorrow stat!
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    i remember finding this in our pantry as a young child. I thought i found gold! chocolate in the back of the pantry! it led to the most disappointing chocolate milk i ever made :(
  • MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hersheys makes me want to smash my face on something. So many other, better types of chocolate and chocolate powder.

List a few, please. Some of us live in Hooterville, where "exotics" are not readily available, so we are stuck with the big labels (and are lucky to find that). LOVE me some Amazon.com for ordering certain groceries :)
  • bugtaylor
    bugtaylor Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    SOUNDS TASTY
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I used the special dark one. It's fabulous.

H3LL YEAH! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • heywithers
    heywithers Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    umm i have this stuff and it tastes awful to me. i have tried it in many things and it does not satisfy any chocolate cravings. no sugar= no thanks, but that's just me!
  • timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I use it to make chocolate peanut butter cheesecake that has around 30 grams of protein per serving and less than 350 calories in each slice with lower fat and moderate carb content. Tastes awesome!

Yeah, I need this recipe, like, now.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Wait, this is new? I thought Nestle unsweetened cocoa powder had been around for decades?:huh: I've had it, but tastes hella better with sugar.
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    oh good lord at first I thought you were eating it straight. Glad to see that wasnt the case. :tongue:

:laugh:
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I use an unflavored protein powder so I use this every time.