Night Time Eating

Options
GROMstrong
GROMstrong Posts: 59 Member
The hardest thing for me is to stop eating before bedtime. I always have the majority of my calories right before I go to sleep. Today I will try not to eat 4 hours before bedtime. Time to overcome, this bad habit.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    If that doesn't work well for you, you can always save your cals and eat them closer to bedtime
  • GROMstrong
    Options
    Night time, hunger is setting in. Need to stay strong not to eat. Falling asleep will be difficult.
  • Ardael
    Ardael Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Why don't you join us on the Say NO to Late Night Snacking Challenge ?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with eating late at night. total calories is what matters, not when you eat them. If you have trouble sleeping on an empty stomach, save some calories for end of the night.
  • whisperh1992
    whisperh1992 Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I struggle with this too. I'm awake from 630am with my baby, then work till 2am. Its hard not to have a snack before bed as I would have had my dinner at 6pm. But I don't want to get in the habit of it. My stomach just wants it so bad haha
  • GROMstrong
    Options
    I made it through the first night wasnt easy. Lets go for day 2.
  • GROMstrong
    Options
    Day 2 completed without eating at night
  • RomanGianArthur
    RomanGianArthur Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this too @GROMstrong. Keep Going!
  • GROMstrong
    Options
    Wow just got home from gym, and the hunger is setting in strong. Is it that im really hungry or just used to eating at night. Got to fight the urge.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Surf the urge. Ride the wave.

First, recognize that you're having a craving.

Settle into accepting that, "OK, I'm going to be having a craving here for a little while," "I don't need to push it away; I don't need to do anything but follow the urge surfing procedure.

A really bad craving might last half an hour but they always pass.

"Cravings are like waves," "They rise up, and they fall back down. What you're going to do is just ride through that wave."

The more times you do this, the more confidence you build.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/health/sc-one-simple-thing-urge-surfing-1012-20161010-story.html

t_135.jpg?1489612290.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    9ce73a7ad9a226592e7d9c1cf0c1dfed.jpg.    Ride your wave. Do the full tilt boogie, Gromstrong.interesting-history-of-surfing-facts.jpg.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I've always eaten most of my calories late at night. It hasn't stopped me from successful, long-term maintenance. As long as you stay within your calorie goals, you should be fine.
  • GROMstrong
    Options
    Almost finish drinking camomile tea, will go to sleep not eating. Dont want to waist all the working out I did today. Just finished 13 straight days at the gym ( last 3 days twice a day). Goodnight, thanks for support.
  • kpsyche
    kpsyche Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I have the majority of my calories after dinner as well
  • GROMstrong
    Options
    Made it to day 3 without eating at night.
  • islandlifenc
    islandlifenc Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    GROMstrong wrote: »
    Made it to day 3 without eating at night.

Great job! I struggle with eating at night, too, but you know what? A fitness coach friend told me the best thing to do when you get the nighttime munchies is to just go to bed. Just go right on to bed, and when you get up in the morning you'll feel lighter and better — just from not giving in to those nighttime cravings.

It's not that it's always a bad thing to eat late at night, but if you're eating all during the day and you have no calories left for late at night, that's when it can get you in trouble. Keep pushing through these next few days and before long, you'll have established a new habit.
  • GROMstrong
    Options
    Seems like today will be no issue for me grabbing any food at night. Even though i would like something sweet.
  • GROMstrong
    Options
    Completed day 4 without eating. Im feeling good to start this Friday.
  • GROMstrong
    Options
    Not eating at night, makes breakfast taste so good.
  • GROMstrong
    Options
    Made it a other night without eating. Monday weight in should be positive. Happy Fathers Day !