Where are my Yoga people??!!

Options
Hi there, I don't see a lot of discussions on yoga here. Raise your hand and be heard if you love Yoga!!! What kind do you do? Studio? At home practice? Are you a novice or have you been at it a long time? What's your favorite pose/ least favorite pose? I do most of my yoga at home. I LOVE the Yoga with Adriene youtube channel, but occasionally I'll treat myself to a studio class. I've been doing yoga for about 7 years. Favorite pose would have to be pigeon. Least favorite pose would be my arch nemesis crow (have face planed a few times :# . Namaste!

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    hi
    i mostly do aerial yoga since ground yoga aggravates my myalgia. I don't have a particular school of yoga that i follow in my practice.
    i like gazelle, my nemesis is hanuman.
    right now I only practice at the studio I work at. I haven't hung my hammock yet at home. I've been practicing for 6ish years.
    I'm currently working on hanuman and foot to head and properly aligned handstands
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I do a home yoga practice!
  • tropicalchicy
    tropicalchicy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've been practicing for almost 2 years and love it! I practice in a studio and do a range of different classes depending on what mood I'm in.

Funny enough, pidgen is one of my least favorite poses and crane is becoming one of my favorites (finally got the hang of it!!)
  • FeliciaFancy
    FeliciaFancy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I started yoga in February this year and I am completely hooked.

I do a class at my gym every week and I try and make a beach class and park class every week whilst they are available over the summer. I also sometimes do some routines by Tara Stiles from You Tube and I will be joining a Silent Yoga Disco next week to celebrate International Yoga Day.

I don't have a favourite or least favourite pose yet but I really struggled (collapsed in a pile on the floor) with the Wild Thing pose on Tuesday
  • Ninkasi
    Ninkasi Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've done yoga for about 20 years. Right now I do classes at a studio in addition to my home practice. Mostly I've done Iyengar yoga but over the past couple years have gotten more into ashtanga. I am pretty sure I will never be able to do a proper backbend. Even camel pose is still challenging because of all the joint injuries I've picked up over the years.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Oh, we're here alright.
    Seems though that we are pretty good at mixing in with the 'gen pop.'
    Maybe there just isn't that much that is specific to yoga that we need to talk about?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I do yoga at home to videos. Denise Austin, Jillian Michael's, Tim Senesi, some on PopSugar... I like most poses but find reverse plank a bit uncomfortable to hold and have some trouble bending forward with my weight on my right leg because of a pinched nerve, but I'm working on it.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    It's not for me. And it's hot in there !!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Which yoga people are “yours”??
  • peggym4640
    peggym4640 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi. I love yoga and have done it off and on for 10 years. Currently I'm mostly doing it a home practice. I also like Yoga with Adrienne and also do TX Yoga.
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I have been practicing yoga for about 3 years now. I mostly practice at home, I too love the Yoga with Adrienne channel. When I pop into a class it is often either a fundraiser, our local Animal Rescue League does a yoga with kittens class which is as fun as it sounds, or an outdoor/rooftop yoga because I like to practice outdoors and don't have that luxury at my apartment. Eventually I would like to become certified as a teach focusing on body positive/body inclusive yoga.

My favorite pose is pigeon or forward fold. I know that sounds simple, but I love how energizing the breath release is after coming out of a fold. My least favorite pose is child's pose. I do not find that relaxing at all. It probably has to do with the extra pounds I'm still carrying, but I just hate it. I usually do a modification on that one to what I find is comfortable
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Over here.
    Mostly in studios, though my teacher assigns homework!
    I do a power flow class three times a week, and a strength class once a week (and Pilates twice a week).
    My favorite is a turbo pigeon variation with wide wide hands.
    My least favorites are hanuman and head hand stands.
    I'm currently working on improving a few different arm balances.
  • AKVaughn1
    AKVaughn1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also LOVE Yoga with Adriene, I've been doing it regularly for about a year now. I am the absolute opposite of you in that I love crow ( I have also face planted ) and I despise pigeon. I think running keeps my hips a little tight so pigeon is hard for me. I have never taken a class, there's just something about being outside on the mat when the sun rises.... I LOVE IT!
  • Candyspun
    Options
    Oh! I realised we were meant to share our poses! My favourite is the tree pose and my least favourite is any pose I can't do yet.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been enjoying the 3 week yoga retreat videos through beach body on demand for the last few months. I have also done a handful of classes in studios which are super fun, but I don’t usually go to those unless a friend suggests it.

I don’t really have a favorite pose, but basically anything that stretches my hips and back is my friend.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I'm a bit of a beginner with yoga. I got pretty decent at the p90x yoga routines. Then never did much with it. Lately my focus has been weightlifting doing the PHAT strength/hypertrophy hybrid. I find that after cooling down later in the evening Yoga seems to be a great beneficial addition to my life. I've been doing Yoga with Adrienne and I like her approach its not as physically demanding so far, but I feel like I'm learning more about the basic mental and breath elements than I would I were just pushing through some routine with a bunch challenging poses.

I love all of the Warrior poses and triangle poses. Oddly enough my least favorite pose is Downward Dog and Child's pose. My have a lot of impingement in my shoulders which those poses challenge and will ultimately help but still they suck for me right now.
  • Candyspun
    Options
    I'm a bit of a beginner with yoga. I got pretty decent at the p90x yoga routines. Then never did much with it. Lately my focus has been weightlifting doing the PHAT strength/hypertrophy hybrid. I find that after cooling down later in the evening Yoga seems to be a great beneficial addition to my life. I've been doing Yoga with Adrienne and I like her approach its not as physically demanding so far, but I feel like I'm learning more about the basic mental and breath elements than I would I were just pushing through some routine with a bunch challenging poses.

I love all of the Warrior poses and triangle poses. Oddly enough my least favorite pose is Downward Dog and Child's pose. My have a lot of impingement in my shoulders which those poses challenge and will ultimately help but still they suck for me right now.

I like the downward facing dog, but have the same issues you describe. I read somewhere that putting a block under, I can't remember, the hands or the feet, helps people like us get more out of the stretch? I haven't tried it as I don't have blocks, yet.
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I hate yoga ....but can I still join in ??? .. I do two home sessions a week with my wife and iPad (YogaGlo) and a morning sun salutation flow each morning after my workouts and foam rolling ... I hate it ... but it works and it’s an valuable tool in my arsenal. Favourite pose ??? ... upward dog or cobra ... I love the stretch
  • passenger79
    passenger79 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Me !! I started doing Yoga with Adrienne and absolutely love it I try and do it everyday,I have only been doing it for few months and at home only (cant make it to studio with work hours I'm doing ).

My favourite poses are Downward dog,Child pose not to keen on pigeon pose but that's due to lack of flexibility only .

It really relaxes me and helps me unwind and I was such a sceptic before I tried it .