Replies

• anderson_btb
    anderson_btb Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yogi here. Feel free to FR me.
  • yogastrongmama
    yogastrongmama Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey yogis! I've been at it on and off for about 6 years, but started a 5-6 day/week practice 2 years ago. I do a vinyasa flow in 40 degrees (not at home, at a studio :). Yes, even in the summer :smiley: I seem to thrive in the heat! I don't know if I've got a favourite. I do love dancer's pose and camel. Also not sure if I have a least favourite (sometimes seemingly simple poses give me a lot of trouble) but I definitely struggle with revolved triangle!
  • Legs_McGee23
    Legs_McGee23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've been doing yoga on and off for over 20 years. I started with an MTV workout - on VHS. I went to a hot yoga studio for years, mostly doing power vinyasa with a few hatha and yin classes thrown in. Then my gym hired a great instructor. It's a fantastic counter to distance running and I think it's helped to keep me (mostly) uninjured.
  • Kfrase83
    Kfrase83 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Beginner here, just since January, really. I have been a co-worker's guinea pig once a week as she is working towards becoming a teacher and needs hours. I always used to scoff at it, and now I really enjoy it. I am almost always breathing the opposite of what I should be for each move, but that seems like a sign I'm doing something wrong! LOL. I try to find time at home to do a video from You Tube or will just run through some poses after dinner. It's far from quiet in my house but that calms me somehow even in the chaos. I have gone to 3 classes ever and find they can be pricey unless you have a membership somewhere.

I find child's pose and pigeon very easy, and we have been working on moving from Warrior 1 to 3 - I usually need to be near the wall or I fall over.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I love yoga! I have a home yoga space but I also attend a local studio once a week. I love Vinyasa & Ashtanga yoga as well as restorative yoga. I like the extreme ends of yoga types apparently. I find the restorative / meditative classes just as difficult as the strong core / workout type yoga classes.

I learned how to do crow pose a few months ago so I am still having fun with that. I am terrible with balance poses. Half Moon & Dancer poses are my nemesis.

Oh, and hot yoga is terrible. I don;t understand the appeal AT ALL. I spend enough time sweating my butt off running 5 times a week.
  • livmae14
    livmae14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey! I mostly do Bikram/ Hot yoga but occasionally practice at home. My favorite poses are full locustand camel. My least favorite is chair.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    New goal - Eagle Pose Being a weightlifter with muscular arms and shoulders makes the whole pretzel arm thing well not a thing. Wow is that one tough for me. Pretzel arms, balance, staying long thru it definitely a major challenge. I will get it.
  • acqjohns
    acqjohns Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love Tru-day yoga with Adrienne! One of my patients recommended her videos, and there began my love affair with yoga! It’s my personal time, for me and no one else and I feel amazing afterwards 😊
  • FitWitBrit
    FitWitBrit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love yoga! You guys are welcomed to add me as well, would love some yoga buddies on here. Currently been practicing mostly Bikram but love pretty much all kinds.
  • Jams29
    Jams29 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love yoga! I've been doing it on and off for a few years, but I'm still very much a beginner. I love good hip stretches (lizard, tree, pigeon). My least favorite is probably downward dog. My hamstrings have always been extremely tense and hard to stretch so I can't do it properly and I put too much weight on my wrists.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Do any of you follow Yoga with Adriene's kula on Facebook?
  • 5838fish623
    5838fish623 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've been practicing for 8+ years and teaching for 5. My favorite style and personal practice is Yin but I also teach and enjoy Gentle yoga.
  • spraytanninghelens
    spraytanninghelens Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I love yoga. Favorite pose is pigeon pose. I mostly do yoga at home but sometimes I will do a class.
    I used to love Adrienne yoga channel, but lately I’ve been zoning out and just doing my own thing.
    I also quite enjoy, sarah Beth yoga & Brett Larkin on you tube. Such a great reliever of tired achey body after a tough workout and great for my anxiety 👍
  • Garnet2727
    Garnet2727 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm brand new to yoga. I just started in May of this year. I have a teacher who comes to my house twice a week. I have some mobility and chronic pain problems that we are working around. I have to say that in two months, just twice a week, I've noticed a HUGE difference in my flexibility and a nice reduction in my pain levels. I'm taking less pain medication and I'm able to just do more things.

The bane of my yoga practice is Downward Facing Dog. My favorite is the Warrior poses.
  • KathKulia
    KathKulia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Iyengar yoga for 30 years, after a serious accident. It is the thing that has kept me mobile and upright and out of a wheelchair.

I'm curious as to why in MyFitnessPal yoga is listed under cardiovascular and not strength training? It seems like a disconnect to me.
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I do a vinyasa flow type of class that I love. I really like the humble warrior and wide legged forward bend.
  • JintheSouth
    JintheSouth Posts: 44 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I’ve been doing yoga off and on for about 36 years. Probably more off than on! For 2020, I’ve started including yoga in my regular workout practice. The goal is to do it 2x a week. Plus, I have a goal to learn to do inversions.
    I have a home practice. I prefer books over videos or classes because I like to develop my own flow. I find I like to rest in the poses much longer than what’s in videos or classes, to go at my own pace.
    My favorite poses are pigeon, dancer and seated half fish. My least favorite is downward dog.