The Body Appreciation Thread

Options
Cutemesoon
Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
While reading thru the comments on other threads, I decided to start this one. So many women lamented over the fact that they didn’t feel they could post their progress pic because they weren’t “there” yet. This site is primarily for those who are attempting to get fit. So no one should feel like their body, as it is now, is not post worthy. I’m here to help you celebrate the body you have TODAY. Don’t be shy to post pics and share your story. Let’s appreciate & encourage each other’s progress. Let’s chat.

7piicvlkqui9.jpg
0ejxfx8qmpy2.jpg
ph75vu0eft3l.jpg

Replies

• Cutemesoon
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Everyone is welcome here. It's just that the ladies are the ones that seem to have the most anxiety over their bodies. We'd like to appreciate male bodies as well. Especially yours! :wink:
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Love this message. Very inspirational.
  • Cutemesoon
    Options
    li953.jpg

vkbjikmxv3b3.png
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Sometimes I worry that I come across as full of myself because I rarely express self-doubt or criticism, but it’s a mental exercise I’ve cultivated to maintain respect for myself. Because if I don’t respect myself, no one else will either.

Unfortunately this can alienate people. And all I can say is that I still have my issues inside, things I worry about or want to improve.. but my unwillingness to use those things as a way to ingratiate myself to another doesn’t mean I think I’m better than them. Just that I respect them too much to assume their ego requires me to be a lesser version of myself.

I don’t know if any of this makes sense. I hope so.

post reported

.... member placed on "ignore"
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Sometimes I worry that I come across as full of myself because I rarely express self-doubt or criticism, but it’s a mental exercise I’ve cultivated to maintain respect for myself. Because if I don’t respect myself, no one else will either.

Unfortunately this can alienate people. And all I can say is that I still have my issues inside, things I worry about or want to improve.. but my unwillingness to use those things as a way to ingratiate myself to another doesn’t mean I think I’m better than them. Just that I respect them too much to assume their ego requires me to be a lesser version of myself.

post reported

Pfft I placed your member on ignore
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    LMNOP55 wrote: »
    Sometimes I worry that I come across as full of myself

Could be too much cheese or a massive burrito.

I’m not giving up my 10am snack
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    fre7kj8aa8dx.jpg
    jo47ap7x9v7m.jpg
    2k115yicrgds.jpg
    wj9pbfu0eeg1.jpg
    0z4adwy2xzw2.jpg
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    Great thread!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    kfvvmbrmbkdm.jpg
    xk253ohe7yb2.png
    3ohbybfearw0.jpg
    b0ww4uee7oak.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

post reported

Hey, your avatar. Are you a Cleveland Brown now?

no.

that would be a brown square

or a bulldog

or a prescription for Prozac
  • Cutemesoon
    Options
    I like bodies.

You're in the right place then!