What are you insecure about?

Replies

• skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,404 Member
    Pretty much everything, tbh. I’m good at my job and confident in what I do there, but it’s the thing I consistently feel that way about and even there I feel like most of coworkers probably dislike me.
    So many insecurities about how I look, my relationships with other people, the things I say and the things I want to say, my parenting (there’s a constant feeling of “what if I’m failing them?” even though I often get compliments on my boys’ behavior, etc.), and on and on and on.
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    some days, nothing

other days, everything
    good answer
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Meh, sex and relationships. For a lot of different reasons.

• MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Loose skin from the weight loss, it sucks.
    that's a thing for me too.....I think we judge ourselves way harder than anyone else does. We need to relearn to love ourselves.

• hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Getting older

My body... pretty much all of it

Potlucks - I always keep an eye what I brought to see if people are eating it. If there are leftovers, I take it as a personal failure. Irrational but true

Feeling like I'm not doing enough for my kids

Social events and parties
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    hud54014 wrote: »
    Getting older

Potlucks - I always keep an eye what I brought to see if people are eating it. If there are leftovers, I take it as a personal failure. Irrational but true

Potlucks is a good one. That's why I'm always the roll or paper plate guy.

I always wait till the last minute to sign up, so drinks, plates, desserts and soda are usually spoken for ...ugh
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,794 Member
    I'm often insecure about my level of intelligence. This insecurity stems from my mom and I hate it.
    Intelligence, to me, is having a sense of awareness. Intellect is something that is borrowed. So for me, intelligence is nothing more than someone who appreciates the world that surrounds them.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    My legs
    I wish I had super model long and toned legs!

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    MrSith wrote: »
    some days, nothing

other days, everything
    good answer

I am glad people don't think I was being snarky, its my truth, and I feel like alot of people share it
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited June 2018
    Getting older

Potlucks is a good one. That's why I'm always the roll or paper plate guy.

I always wait till the last minute to sign up, so drinks, plates, desserts and soda are usually spoken for ...ugh

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of potlucks, I like to either cook or bring something like wings, that are pretty pricey, and then people show up with chips. It's like the wedding guest that shows up looking for the open bar and brings a hand mixer. I mean sure, we need plates and napkins, but if you are going to cheap out at least bring multiple items like soda and chips, or all the eating supplies.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Now I'm insecure and I care what people think
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 398 Member
    Seems like my day is going rather well. All I have felt insecure about was that someone called my Michael Kors purse "basic."
  • saymyname2
    saymyname2 Posts: 842 Member
    Now I'm insecure and I care what people think

Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days
    When our momma sang us to sleep but now we’re stressed out
  • saymyname2
    aidydh wrote: »
    Seems like my day is going rather well. All I have felt insecure about was that someone called my Michael Kors purse "basic."

did you also have a starbucks in your hand at the time?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2018
    I am a fully grey headed 50 year old already, I chose grow it out and be grey, but always thinking people might think I am older than I am or perhaps I should just put a couple of boxes of hair dye over it.

I did have an old man, a complete stranger walk up to me in Walmart of all places and tell me that my hair doesn't fit the rest of me. I was kind of devastated for a little while, then I said eff him, I just hope I don't get old and feel inclined to be too blunt and hurt people's feelings when its none of my business.
  • FibroHiker
    saymyname2 wrote: »

No, but I did throw a Starbucks caramel K-cup into the Keurig machine shortly after getting to work today.
  • FibroHiker
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I am a fully grey headed 50 year old already, I chose grow it out and be grey, but always thinking people might think I am older than I am or perhaps I should just put a couple of boxes of hair dye over it.

I did have an old man, a complete stranger walk up to me in Walmart of all places and tell me that my hair doesn't fit the rest of me. I was kind of devastated for a little while, then I said eff him, I just hope I don't get old and feel inclined to be too blunt and hurt people's feelings when its none of my business.

If I had a full head of grey hair I would rock it. Love grey hair.
  • saymyname2
    saymyname2 wrote: »

No, but I did throw a Starbucks caramel K-cup into the Keurig machine shortly after getting to work today.

then no worries your not "basic" LoL :D