Relationship advice please?

Options

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Oh, I'm confused.

You see in today’s society men can marry men and women can marry women. It’s legal in some states, not in others. In these same sex relationships a lot of things are exactly like a hetero relationship. By that I mean people still treat each other like crap for no reason no matter what sexual orientation they are.

Ok, I have no problem with that. I was just confused about situation.
  • roxybeer
    roxybeer Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You're being emotionally abused. She needs to get help and you do as well. It is not a good situation. And will not get better with time - only worse.

Personally, I left my relationship that was like this and turned physically abusive after 5 years. But we weren't married and I had no real life ties to him beyond the relationship. Haven't looked back since.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    ooo boy, that does not sound healthy. You should get yourself to counseling asap! Even is she won't go. Go by yourself to figure out why you let someone treat you so terribly and why you feel the need to do everything for them. (the only thing getting me out of bed at 4 am is the rapture!)
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    So when I bring up my birthday in three weeks I ask my wife if we can go to a restaurant I have always wanted to try and she said we will see I am not planning that far ahead. I said please it is my birthday and I get yelled at and she says stop being annoying. Granted this is the first time I brought it up and the second time I asked she said that. It really hurt my feelings but whenever she is rude to me or calls me a b**** I tell her and she tells me I am being rude and to stop putting her down when I tell her I am not putting her down I am just hurt that you would say that to me and I just wanted an apology. I feel like I can’t even be excited for my birthday and that I can’t bring anything up ever especially if it needs to be worked on. We have been together for seven years and she is my first true love but I don’t see things changing. We do think she has bipolar which obviously needs to be checked out. But I do everything for her get up at 4 and pack her lunches, make her breakfast before work, do her laundry, rub her back and feet every night plus I call gamestop and pre order anything she wants coming out (we spend about 10k) there a year and when new pops come out she wants I will stay up all night to buy them online when they release. I love doing those things as it makes her happy and it makes me happy but how come I can’t get the same respect back on one day out of the year. I don’t ever ask for a lot just honesty and politeness from her. I have been cheated on multiple times by her and my solution was just tell me and I can forgive you I can’t forgive you if you lie to me about it, because the whole cheating thing turned into well you wouldn’t know if you didn’t have her unblocked on Facebook. I guess my question is have you ever been in this situation and even if you haven’t what would you do?

I'm so glad you came to MFP for relationship advice as I think we can give better relationship advice than anyone on the internet. I am also amazing at all advice so here is my advice to you. I find relationships a lot like lightsabers.

Yeah, both of them violate the laws of physics! :lol:
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    DON'T ASSUME MY GENDER!

the beard gives it away
  • phillipsaw
    phillipsaw Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Counseling
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    So when I bring up my birthday in three weeks I ask my wife if we can go to a restaurant I have always wanted to try and she said we will see I am not planning that far ahead. I said please it is my birthday and I get yelled at and she says stop being annoying. Granted this is the first time I brought it up and the second time I asked she said that. It really hurt my feelings but whenever she is rude to me or calls me a b**** I tell her and she tells me I am being rude and to stop putting her down when I tell her I am not putting her down I am just hurt that you would say that to me and I just wanted an apology. I feel like I can’t even be excited for my birthday and that I can’t bring anything up ever especially if it needs to be worked on. We have been together for seven years and she is my first true love but I don’t see things changing. We do think she has bipolar which obviously needs to be checked out. But I do everything for her get up at 4 and pack her lunches, make her breakfast before work, do her laundry, rub her back and feet every night plus I call gamestop and pre order anything she wants coming out (we spend about 10k) there a year and when new pops come out she wants I will stay up all night to buy them online when they release. I love doing those things as it makes her happy and it makes me happy but how come I can’t get the same respect back on one day out of the year. I don’t ever ask for a lot just honesty and politeness from her. I have been cheated on multiple times by her and my solution was just tell me and I can forgive you I can’t forgive you if you lie to me about it, because the whole cheating thing turned into well you wouldn’t know if you didn’t have her unblocked on Facebook. I guess my question is have you ever been in this situation and even if you haven’t what would you do?

I'm so glad you came to MFP for relationship advice as I think we can give better relationship advice than anyone on the internet. I am also amazing at all advice so here is my advice to you. I find relationships a lot like lightsabers.

Every lightsaber is different from the next because the lightsaber is made for the owner. A good description of what a lightsaber can do came from the Star War website and the article “Lightsaber – Info” “In the hands of a Jedi, a lightsaber is almost unstoppable. It can be used to cut through blast doors or enemies alike. Using the Force, a Jedi can predict and deflect incoming blaster bolts, and reflect them back at the firer” (Lightsaber- Info). The idea of a portable weapon that can cut through anything is still far away from becoming reality but there is real science in the lightsaber. To get to the science let talk about how lightsabers works, what a lightsaber is composed of, and the different types of lightsabers and blades.

First, there are several different types of lightsabers to choose from. The most common type of lightsaber is the standard lightsaber. The handle is between seven to 12 inches long. The only detail that is changed can be the handle. There is a variation of the standard lightsaber called sabercane, which is a lightsaber inside the top of a cane. When the lightsaber is taken out of the cane it can be used as the standard lightsaber. The double-bladed lightsaber which is typical only used by the Sith; who are the bad guys, not like Meekseeks who is neither good nor bad but a thespian. This lightsaber is made of a single handle that the blades come out from both ends. The double-bladed is longer than the standard lightsaber but there is no standard length for the double-bladed lightsaber. The double-bladed lightsaber is now mostly made of two lightsabers put together that have a locking part in the middle of the two.

Plasma is in its own matter type. Plasma could never be put in a handle because it can get up to 45,000 degrees. Also it takes a ton of energy to uses it. Also it has no way to make it end at a length.

A lightsaber is a very complex piece of technology. There is multiply parts that have to work together inside the lightsaber that makes it work. There is some real science behind lightsabers. Maybe far of in the future we will get lightsabers but for now all a fan can do is dream about how awesome lightsabers are. So you see. Relationships are a lot like lightsabers.

Wow.....
    You really just wanted to talk about lightsabers, and didn't know where to put all this.
    I'm glad you found a spot for it.

Here's my question though..... can the Jedi pick the color?
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »

Every lightsaber is different from the next because the lightsaber is made for the owner. A good description of what a lightsaber can do came from the Star War website and the article “Lightsaber – Info” “In the hands of a Jedi, a lightsaber is almost unstoppable. It can be used to cut through blast doors or enemies alike. Using the Force, a Jedi can predict and deflect incoming blaster bolts, and reflect them back at the firer” (Lightsaber- Info). The idea of a portable weapon that can cut through anything is still far away from becoming reality but there is real science in the lightsaber. To get to the science let talk about how lightsabers works, what a lightsaber is composed of, and the different types of lightsabers and blades.

First, there are several different types of lightsabers to choose from. The most common type of lightsaber is the standard lightsaber. The handle is between seven to 12 inches long. The only detail that is changed can be the handle. There is a variation of the standard lightsaber called sabercane, which is a lightsaber inside the top of a cane. When the lightsaber is taken out of the cane it can be used as the standard lightsaber. The double-bladed lightsaber which is typical only used by the Sith; who are the bad guys, not like Meekseeks who is neither good nor bad but a thespian. This lightsaber is made of a single handle that the blades come out from both ends. The double-bladed is longer than the standard lightsaber but there is no standard length for the double-bladed lightsaber. The double-bladed lightsaber is now mostly made of two lightsabers put together that have a locking part in the middle of the two.

Plasma is in its own matter type. Plasma could never be put in a handle because it can get up to 45,000 degrees. Also it takes a ton of energy to uses it. Also it has no way to make it end at a length.

A lightsaber is a very complex piece of technology. There is multiply parts that have to work together inside the lightsaber that makes it work. There is some real science behind lightsabers. Maybe far of in the future we will get lightsabers but for now all a fan can do is dream about how awesome lightsabers are. So you see. Relationships are a lot like lightsabers.

Wow.....
    You really just wanted to talk about lightsabers, and didn't know where to put all this.

I've wondered that, too. I kind of hope the light saber chooses the color for the Jedi, like a surprise. "Oops, mine's red. What does that mean?"

Also, I really miss Meeseeks.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    She calls you a *kitten*, you do everything for her, she does not respect you, she has cheated on you multiple times... it is time to get out. This is an unhealthy relationship. Stop doing all that stuff and spending your money on trying to make her happy and love you. Get some therapy for yourself and just get out. Make birthday plans with someone else.
    In future don't accept a partner calling you a *kitten* and cheating on you. Don't accept a partner who only takes.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    "Cheated three times". Lol. This has to be a troll post.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Wow.....

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubyo5eZz_Jc
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    boehle wrote: »
    Maybe she's planning on taking you there already, and thinks you're going to ruin the surprise. I think you two should not be talking to each other that way. Sounds like you gals really need to sit down and set out your expectations. I bet she could probably claim that she does a lot for you as well, but perhaps you've been together so long that you don't even notice it anymore. Hope you can work it out.

My mind went to her planning a surprise or this as well.

I thought that for a moment too until I read further and it doesn't seem that the wife gives a crap enough to plan anything if she never has before.
    OP, you are being used. You give a lot and then she guilt trips you and says you put her down? That is very manipulative. Seek counseling or get the hell out.

I didn't read the whole thing at first... I did not long ago and was shocked anyone would admit all that.
    I could never forgive a cheater. That isn't an accident. That is a choice that someone makes to be unfaithful.
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    Wait...you spend 10k a year at Gamestop!?..how is that even possible!?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Wait...you spend 10k a year at Gamestop!?..how is that even possible!?

iced out controllers are all the rage

Uwin-New-Arrival-Iced-Out-New-Game-Controller-Pendants-Necklace-with-36-Franco-Style-Chain-Necklace.jpg_640x640.jpg
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

Wow.....

I've wondered that, too. I kind of hope the light saber chooses the color for the Jedi, like a surprise. "Oops, mine's red. What does that mean?"

In the Star Wars universe, lightsaber colors are determined by the force of the Jedi using a lightsaber. More specifically, as noted on the official Star Wars site, lightsabers come from Kyber crystals, typically found in the frozen caves in the world of Ilum, which acquire color once attuned to a specific Jedi. There are exceptions, however.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Wow.....

In the Star Wars universe, lightsaber colors are determined by the force of the Jedi using a lightsaber. More specifically, as noted on the official Star Wars site, lightsabers come from Kyber crystals, typically found in the frozen caves in the world of Ilum, which acquire color once attuned to a specific Jedi. There are exceptions, however.

.... there's always exceptions, aren't there?

such is life
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    If shes spending 10k a year at gamestop, she is gaming every waking moment. There is no time for another person in there. Her lightsaber is definitely red..if it even works any more.
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I guess my question is have you ever been in this situation and even if you haven’t what would you do?

I have. Advice won't help you because it's all there in your words. Counseling could help though; go!