Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

If you could choose how you die

Options

Replies

• Rattivarius
    Rattivarius Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In sixteen years I want to die in the night with my husband due to a carbon monoxide leak. I don't want either of us to be left alone.
  • makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    This will sound very plain, but I'd like to go in my sleep.
  • KerrieA87
    KerrieA87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have exercise induced anaphylaxis and the inability to listen to when I know I should stop (I always think just a little bit more), I’ve nearly died from it a few times, the likelihood is that’s going to be the thing that take me out
  • FireVixen_Fayth
    FireVixen_Fayth Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If I had to choose.. It would be at the same time as my wife so I don't have any heart break at all or anything because I honestly cannot live without her.
  • BradR_82
    BradR_82 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Not afraid of death, but the dying process doesn't sound like much fun. Quick and painless please!
  • suibhan6
    suibhan6 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Well, at the very least, I want to be 90 with cognitive awareness, and physical ability to continue to do things for myself. I'd like to KNOW, and set up things so relatives don't have to deal with any "messes" I might otherwise leave behind.
  • FranksSandwich
    FranksSandwich Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    At 90 years old, right before Summer hits so I can avoid yet another horrible Summer. Preferably in my sleep.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    In my sleep.
    I am quite partial to drowning.
    That's my worst nightmare. Me drowning. Not you. I mean, not that I want you to drown. But, if it's between me and you. You all the way. But, you don't mind that. So, we cool.
  • epr3996
    epr3996 Posts: 2,719 Member
    Options
    I have no doubt I will be skydiving with my wife and on the way down i'll ask you did pack the chute?
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    at 114 years old in my sleep ...peacefully
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Burning to death is my worst nightmare!

Mine, as well. It may sound silly but I do NOT want to be cremated either...doesn't matter that I am not going to feel it.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »
    In my sleep.
    That's my worst nightmare. Me drowning. Not you. I mean, not that I want you to drown. But, if it's between me and you. You all the way. But, you don't mind that. So, we cool.

I almost drowned once. It was very unpleasant. Jumped off a small cliff into a deep lake when I was a teen without knowing what to expect. After swimming up for what felt like an eternity and not seeing the surface I panicked. I was rescued, unconscious. It was one of the scariest moments in my life. Next year I jumped again, but I knew what to expect, and swam patiently up without panicking even when the feeling of lack of breath set in, and I was fine. If you are in water it pays off to know what to expect and what to do.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

in what ?
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    At 63, I have thought about this. I probably worry more about my husband, who is 71, more than I do myself. His father died of cancer at 72, but his mother lived to 86 and had advanced alzheimers. My mother died at 64, and passed during surgery, and I guess that is an easy trip out. My father is still kicking at 93 - his second wife died quite suddenly of blood clots in her lungs. As for me, I would like to make an easy transition - just go to bed one night and not wake up. (you can be sure it won't be because I was in a car accident and wasn't wearing my seat belt). It never fails to amaze me how many younger people here, die in accidents because they weren't wearing their seat belt.
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Aside from being assumed into the heavens while still alive, I'll choose dying in my sleep at the ripe old age of 250.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    in my sleep after a long fulfilling, relatively healthy life
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Jumping off a bridge in France..People will say "He was in Sein".