18 months in. Still going. Sometimes slow and steady is best

Options
Avidkeo
Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
I lost 20kg in just under a year. Jan to Nov 17. Since November I've lost about 4kg. So mostly a plateau on and off for the last 6 months. I've had a lot going in, had a car accident which caused a shoulder injury meaning I couldn't work out as much and my eating was up and down. But I never gained the weight. I'm now doing a 4 week strength program with a running program so it will be interesting to see how that goes.

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Options
    No idea how to add pics on my phone...
  • Avidkeo
    Options
  • Avidkeo
    Options
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    You have been doing brilliantly - particularly impressive as you have had to deal with an accident. Sometimes the journey feels a bit slow (as mine does!) but I feel in that way I am better preparing to keep the weight off long term. This change to lifestyle which facilitates weight loss does not have an 'ending' as such - when we reach our goal our eating methods and exercise regime won't change dramatically - if they do we stand a good chance of gaining our weight back - so it's best if we are now eating and living the way we feel we can forever - with perhaps a few more treats along the way :) Good luck with the rest of your journey - you are doing great!
  • mojonah
    mojonah Posts: 92 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »

Holy moly lady, very IMPRESSIVE. Congrats and what a great motivation for everyone one.

Looking forward to another updated. Congrats again.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That is awesome! Congrats! Good luck with the rest! Keep on keepin' on slayin'! :smiley:
  • chaseracer2386
    chaseracer2386 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    dm2fuojvgrsf.jpg

Awesome job! Keep up the greT work. And how did you figure out how to load pics with your phone. I still can't figure it out
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    mojonah wrote: »

Holy moly lady, very IMPRESSIVE. Congrats and what a great motivation for everyone one.

Looking forward to another updated. Congrats again.

Thank you!
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    dm2fuojvgrsf.jpg

Awesome job! Keep up the greT work. And how did you figure out how to load pics with your phone. I still can't figure it out

I went to the website on my phone, rather than use the app. Its there as an option to upload there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!