Whats the BEST Tea for Weight Loss?

Options

Replies

• doreenclarkblake
    doreenclarkblake Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I drink tea almost every night. I was putting 2 to 3 tsp of sugar in it. That's 8 to 12 grams of sugar. It's not so much what type of tea, but what you are putting in it. Tea was the fist thing I cut sugar out of. Get the flavored tea bags, (not any of the already made tea, you may as well get a soda). That's the only way you will be able to get use to not having sugar in your tea. IT IS WORKING FOR ME. In addition to using myfittnesspal to watch what I eat.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I drink tea almost every night. I was putting 2 to 3 tsp of sugar in it. That's 8 to 12 grams of sugar. It's not so much what type of tea, but what you are putting in it. Tea was the fist thing I cut sugar out of. Get the flavored tea bags, (not any of the already made tea, you may as well get a soda). That's the only way you will be able to get use to not having sugar in your tea. IT IS WORKING FOR ME. In addition to using myfittnesspal to watch what I eat.

Ya, I tapered down to 1/2 teaspoon of sugar per cup.

Except for Thai iced tea. On the rare occasions that I make that, I bring on the sugar. Nom nom nom.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Calorie-free
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Do those slimming teas act like a laxative or diuretic? Those might cause temporary weight loss, but it is not what you are looking for.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    Do those slimming teas act like a laxative or diuretic? Those might cause temporary weight loss, but it is not what you are looking for.

Yes a lot of the slimming teas have senna.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    The tea you like unsweetened
    The tea that you like the taste of.
  • mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Peppermint can help if you have gastrointestinal issues while dieting. Green tea can help if you get cold while dieting. Neither will actually shed lbs for you though
  • cinnabondelights
    cinnabondelights Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I personally love tea and drink a few cups of unsweetened Japanese green tea (tea bags + hot water) daily. I never drink the ones that come in bottles because those are sweetened so much.

Sometimes I do add a bit of honey as a treat but not often.