Whats the BEST Tea for Weight Loss?

Options

Replies

• renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Not so much as a weight loss secret, more so as a replacement for a calorie filled drink. I like dark chocolate chai tea, it has a nice dark flavour to replace an afternoon coffee, but the chai sweetens it. (no added milk or sugar)
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    cegal3 wrote: »
    So you didn't read the article. It's like arguing with a brick.

No wonder I was told these forums are unfriendly. You make one comment that someone disagrees with, despite posting evidence, and they just continue to stick their fingers in their ears.

It says the same basic things we have known for decades.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    This is even on the site you're already on - I notice on here a lot of people ask for proof, then dismiss it as false. I suspect you're less likely do to this on this site.

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/science-says-sugar-bad-weight-loss/

LOL. The MyFitnessPal blog is one of the worst, most unreliable resources ever. It's no better than Dr. Oz or the articles on the cover of a woman's magazine.

Sugar only makes you gain weight if it causes you to consume more calories than you expend. You gain weight via a caloric surplus, period. There's no food which otherwise magically causes weight gain.

Ok. So I post an article, you just say it's fake. You post no proof at all, and I'm supposed to believe you?

I get it. I guess people on MFP just value post count over legitimate proof. You could try this search engine called "Google" and find many articles about sugar and that it can greatly slow down weight loss.

I can also find articles that the earth is flat and Bigfoot is real. Just because I can find something on the internet doesn't make it true.
    This is even on the site you're already on - I notice on here a lot of people ask for proof, then dismiss it as false. I suspect you're less likely do to this on this site.

LOL. The MyFitnessPal blog is one of the worst, most unreliable resources ever. It's no better than Dr. Oz or the articles on the cover of a woman's magazine.

Sugar only makes you gain weight if it causes you to consume more calories than you expend. You gain weight via a caloric surplus, period. There's no food which otherwise magically causes weight gain.

Ok. So I post an article, you just say it's fake. You post no proof at all, and I'm supposed to believe you?

I get it. I guess people on MFP just value post count over legitimate proof. You could try this search engine called "Google" and find many articles about sugar and that it can greatly slow down weight loss.

I can also find articles that the earth is flat and Bigfoot is real. Just because I can find something on the internet doesn't make it true.

I did the next best thing to google and went to pubmed (since the PP telling you to google seems to lazy to provide good sources)

Just one review (behind a pay wall, I'll have to log in from universtity tomorrow to read the whole thing:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25091794
    From the conclusion: From this review, evidence for an association between sugar-sweetened beverage intake and obesity risk is inconsistent when adjustment for energy balance is made.

I was actually on PubMed trying to find that one, and apparently wasn't using the right search parameters.

Thanks!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options

I did the next best thing to google and went to pubmed (since the PP telling you to google seems to lazy to provide good sources)

Just one review (behind a pay wall, I'll have to log in from universtity tomorrow to read the whole thing:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25091794
    From the conclusion: From this review, evidence for an association between sugar-sweetened beverage intake and obesity risk is inconsistent when adjustment for energy balance is made.

I was actually on PubMed trying to find that one, and apparently wasn't using the right search parameters.

Thanks!

Search terms: sugar obesity
    Filters: Review, Human

:wink:
    (my profs would have been very disappointed if I couldn't manage to find something like that with minimal efforts)

Doh. Sugar + obesity. Of course, I didn't try that. :D

Sometimes it's the easiest ones that get the best results :tongue:
  • bertabugg
    bertabugg Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Green Tea? Sage? Peppermint?

Having fun yet :-) As far as I can tell tea does not aid in weight loss, I drink passion fruit ice tea daily, I make a large pitcher and add sugar, I just add half of the sugar it calls for, 4 teaspoons instead of 8 to 64 oz. I account for this small amount of sugar and would rather have sugar then artificial sweetener as they make me feel odd. If it keeps you off the high calories sugar drinks I say enjoy tea, just account for it. BTW... I don't drink the whole pitcher every day.