singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    cegal3 wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    The average diet has a lot of sugar in it already. With so many varieties of tea, surely there's one you can find that you don't need to add sugar to.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm simply stating what my nutritionalist has told me numerous times.

You claimed sugar is detrimental to weight loss - a sweeping claim that is factually incorrect - no individual food or substance prevents weight loss just as no individual food or substance causes weight loss (ie ACV).

Do some people consume too much sugar? Sure.
    Is sugar inherently bad?
    No.

I don’t know what a nutritionalist is but many people who work in the diet industry have little in the way of robust academic training - a registered dietician usually being the most rigorously trained certification.

The point is that if a person wants to sweeten their tea, has the calories to fit it in, and is eating an overall balanced and nutritious diet - then there is nothing wrong with adding sugar to the tea.

Again - going off a statement from a nutritionalist. Also, many people do not log the sugar that they consume.

I'll stop commenting on this since this is obviously a sore point for so many people.

bnpoghrsjtxv.jpg

No need to be rude. I did mean nutritionist. I don't see you hounding every other person saying avoid sugar / sweetener, so you can kindly stop harassing me over it.

Why a nutritionist and not a registered dietitian? There's a huge difference between the two.

https://www.dietitians.ca/Your-Health/Find-A-Dietitian/Difference-Between-Dietitian-and-Nutritionist.aspx

Not always.

Only if you live in Alberta, Quebec or Nova Scotia. If you live in the States or elsewhere in Canada anyone can call themselves a nutritionist. Are you in one of those provinces? Usually mddical professionals list their qualifications after their name so you can see if they have a degree or not and what professional organisation they belong to.

At the time, I was living on Montreal Quebec. The terms are interchangeable there.

Ok makes sense :) I'm in Nova Scotia myself