Keto Diet

Options
Hey I am Starting to lose weight after years of struggling, I am a blogger also just starting out. I am 167.5 and looking to be 120.0 so I still have quite the ways to go. I am doing the Keto diet and although it is hard to get all of the food that I need to eat without going over the carb limit. I am open to any new friends to keep me going down the right path. Sometimes I get to the point where I feel like giving up and I just need a push in the right direction.

Replies

• TinaAinsworthWhiteside
    Options
    I am on day 2 keto so learning and need friends who are also doing keto to help push me also.
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I to am trying to do Keto. I was doing so very good from Sept-April with it until my walking partner and I both got busy at work and on different schedules. Then my health took a nose dive and I got really depressed and have been at home sulking for the last couple months. I'm back on it for 2 days now and I already feel better just need to keep on keeping on.
    [edited by mods]
  • nexusmcphee
    nexusmcphee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 keto so learning and need friends who are also doing keto to help push me also.

You can do this the first week is always the hardest
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should pick an eating plan that is easier to stick to.
  • nexusmcphee
    Options
    The Keto diet seems to be working for me so far I have lost 12 lbs. In the past though I am known to fall of the band wagon
  • ecastillo4141
    ecastillo4141 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looking to start this Keto diet next week any simple ideas on how to and where to begin? Thanks.
  • rgg71
    rgg71 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've been on this for a while.
    It's worth joining the Low Carber MFP group and there is loads of info and helpful folk there.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

R
  • rgg71
    Options
    As for needing carbs for energy - no you don't
  • nexusmcphee
    Options
    I would suggest getting Magnesium and No salt which is potassium to stop the effects of the keto flu before it happens. Also Im on week 4 and still going through withdraws so I also recommend not having any of those yummy carbs in the house after you start. Also being able to eat chocolate rocks but it has to be dark and one of the best things you can get is chicken. one of those roticery chickens last 3 days if portioned correctly.
  • rgg71
    Options
    There are many studies on the low carb/keto way of eating for anyone looking to inform themselves.
    The forum that I posted a link to above has an abundance of info and clinical studies/references if you would like some education on the subject.

There are many people on these forums who have made significant health improvements following this way of eating, and many people following this deduct fibre from total carb intake and track net carbs for counting (total carbs - fibre).

It isn't the only way, granted, but it works for many who have tried alternatives for years.

I'm posting here on a 'Keto diet' thread to support the thread, and folks looking for support in keto dieting- not post in a negative manner from my own personal belief.

After all it's a personal choice so why post on a keto thread if you just want to voice an 'anti-keto' message.

• nexusmcphee
    Options
    I'm not disputing that many people can loose weight on a regular diet, but you have to know your body. Mine wasn't built the same way that yours is. The only similarities is that we are both women and that we have the same amount of chromosomes. by cutting out most carbs, I'm still aloud 20 a day I am also cutting out my sugars which is helping my insulin resistance. And I feel much more healthier than I did 4 weeks ago. Before that I could never wake up and feel like i am able to go for a walk or go to a gym and work out, now I do Feel that and its because of the life style change.
  • Ceenah80
    Ceenah80 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just started keto June 1st. Add me! Let's do this
  • nexusmcphee
    Options
    Sent you a request we can do this!
  • ecastillo4141
    ecastillo4141 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How do you add people?
  • armymil87
    armymil87 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    rgg71 wrote: »
    I think you are misinformed - you can get all the energy you need from fat via ketosis.

There are no nutritionally essential carbs.

I'm not the one misinformed. The fiber you get from vegetables? Carbs. And fiber is most certainly nutritionally essential in your diet. Carbs are nutritionally essential, that's why they are part of a healthy balanced diet. Unless you have some clinical studies you could share to back up the woo?

Hello, I believe both parties are right. Yes, carbs can be essential to be part of a healthy balanced diet dependent upon that persons diet and health issues. However, I agree with all of rgg71’s statements. I’ve been doing the Keto Diet since May 13th 2018. I haven’t had a single gram of carbs in weeks and am still killing it in the gym with plenty of energy to spare. Lost 18.2 lbs of Body Fat Mass and 6.6% Body Fat. I feel great.
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I think you are misinformed - you can get all the energy you need from fat via ketosis.

Carbs are fine, dependent on source.

If you replace carbs with grains in your post, I agree. There are no nutritionally essential grains.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    armymil87 wrote: »

I'm not the one misinformed. The fiber you get from vegetables? Carbs. And fiber is most certainly nutritionally essential in your diet. Carbs are nutritionally essential, that's why they are part of a healthy balanced diet. Unless you have some clinical studies you could share to back up the woo?

Hello, I believe both parties are right. Yes, carbs can be essential to be part of a healthy balanced diet dependent upon that persons diet and health issues. However, I agree with all of rgg71’s statements. I’ve been doing the Keto Diet since May 13th 2018. I haven’t had a single gram of carbs in weeks and am still killing it in the gym with plenty of energy to spare. Lost 18.2 lbs of Body Fat Mass and 6.6% Body Fat. I feel great.

So you aren’t eating veg?

Ok then.
  • armymil87
    armymil87 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Anywho, if anyone is looking for Keto friends please feel free to add me.
  • nexusmcphee
    Options
    You click onto their picture and then you click see profile. After that you just go to the button that says Add