Options
12346»

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    app_119 wrote: »
    I have a co-worker who went home early yesterday because she said she was sick from detoxing from sugar. She is telling everyone today that she still feels sick from her detox. I asked her why she thought she needed to “detox”. After telling me that “ people” have told her sugar is very toxic, she also told me she didn’t eat yesterday until after she went home; then she felt better. I tried to point out that she probably just needed to eat, and that was why she didn’t feel well. I know I should just keep my mouth shut and stay out of it. You can’t really get through, can you?

My only question is: "Are you in an environment where she got PTO for going home or did this cost her money?"

That’s along the lines of what I was wondering and was surprised no one brought up the productivity loss of someone completely doing this to themselves. It would be akin to someone calling in sick from a hangover, which I’m sure people do, but it should be at some cost to them, IMO.

Just seems like an incentive to fast my way into some time off.

I wouldn't because that's malingering, but it's still advisable/desirable to plug those holes.
  • app_119
    app_119 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    PTO.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,913 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    I made a Bailey's Irish Cream cheesecake with an Amaretto crust ...
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    Please can I have the recipe/process for this? :) Sounds amazing, plus it is my gf's 2 fave flavours ever - and it's her bday next week! B)

+1

Here's a clafoutis recipe in exchange. http://themessyapron.blogspot.com/2010/07/clafouti.html

I'm using blueberries instead of cherries.