Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Billy323 wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I cannot under eat for very long or my weight loss stalls. I learned this already.

This is not possible.

It's not possible that if I don't eat enough that my weight loss stalls? I am very analytical so during my initial weight loss I kept notes every week. There was definitely a sweet spot of calorie intake . If I tried averaging 800-1000 calories a day I may lose 2 pounds that week. If I bumped it up to 14-1600 I'd get my juicy 4-5 pound losses. This is repeatable and not a fluke.

You can come in here and argue theory all you want. I'll be in the gym hitting it and showing consistent weight loss.

So your program defies the laws of physics. Outstanding. You should get some scientists on board to follow this phenomenon, I'm sure they'd be thrilled to be the first ones to break the news.

I would love to hear you defend your position here. What does physics have to do with me working out and losing weight? I rode my bike a mile to the gym, did a half hour on the treadmill and a half hour of arms. Rode to my CrossFit gym and had a super intense hour and a half session then rode home. Today I talked with the owner and I'm going to roll my $500 into a membership. Once I am done with the challenge I will start eating way over maintenance so I can put on some muscle.

You will win $500 and then give it back to the gym. Awesome!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'm glad the challenge motivated you to break through where you'd been stuck and that you are happy with the results. Your plan to add muscle once it's over sounds good as well.

When do you have your follow up DEXA? I'd be really interested to see the results. If you managed to lose considerable fat (which we can guess you did based on your scale losses) without losing much lean mass, then I would call your experiment a success, even though it might seem a bit extreme for some and not something you could keep up long term.
  • Billy323
    Billy323 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

You will win $500 and then give it back to the gym. Awesome!

Well maybe win was the wrong word. I certainly got $500 worth of training. 18 hours of semi personal training. That money will get me almost three months of 3x a week membership. 18 weeks of awesome training for $500 is a steal in my opinion.

On a personal note. I do a fair amount of online dating and the gym has helped me curb that. A weekday date costs me $60-80 and a nice weekend date is $120 minimum. Besides the mental health benefits of toning that down there is a noticeable financial impact. So if I ran the books I'm probably ahead financially.

• Billy323
    Billy323 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm glad the challenge motivated you to break through where you'd been stuck and that you are happy with the results. Your plan to add muscle once it's over sounds good as well.

When do you have your follow up DEXA? I'd be really interested to see the results. If you managed to lose considerable fat (which we can guess you did based on your scale losses) without losing much lean mass, then I would call your experiment a success, even though it might seem a bit extreme for some and not something you could keep up long term.

I'll do it in two weeks. I honestly don't know what to expect. I will also be going to the doctor to get a full round of blood work done. It's been a few years.

I'll probably buy a multi pack of scans since it makes better financial sense. Then I can rescan after a couple months of actual CrossFit.