Options
2»

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    knotgood77 wrote: »
    I am fruit and vegetable free....and grain free as well. Planning meals is so much easier that way....

So an all meat diet. How is that easier?

Planning is easier without options to make it complex ....
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I am fruit and vegetable free....and grain free as well. Planning meals is so much easier that way....

His profile says he's on keto. Make of that what you will.
    Am doing the carnivore diet for the month of June, but yes Keto is the staple. I put this out only because of the title of the op....make of that what you will.

Different kind of fruit and veg free :smile:
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Planning is easier without options to make it complex ....
    pinuplove wrote: »

His profile says he's on keto. Make of that what you will.
    Am doing the carnivore diet for the month of June, but yes Keto is the staple. I put this out only because of the title of the op....make of that

The quotes are messed up. Ugh.

Adding vegetables to one’s diet is not complicated. Lame
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

2004805425-3-8.gif
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Fruits and vegetables are low calorie density, and high in fiber, water and micro-nutrients. They should be logged, as they do have calories, but there is certainly a lot of value in keeping them in your diet. They are also very satisfying, given the high fiber, water and nutrient content.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,478 Member
    Options
    I had 192kcal of fruit and veg yesterday. If I were on a small calorie deficit then I might have wiped out most of it by not counting fruit and veg.
  • Carlamurfet
    Carlamurfet Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    I had 192kcal of fruit and veg yesterday. If I were on a small calorie deficit then I might have wiped out most of it by not counting fruit and veg.

It is hard cause you want to eat fruit and veg but when it takes alot of calories up it's not good.
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I lost 96 pounds on WW and have maintained below goal for a while. Can't knock 'em and still go to their meetings and monthly weigh in...but I had to stop counting points and start counting calories. Their "free" fruits and vegetables had me with way too many calories. I'd like to lose body fat and WW encouraged too many carbs, even if the "good" kind. I just need to be more exact now to reach my new goals. I log every bite of everything I eat here.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,047 Member
    Options

It is hard cause you want to eat fruit and veg but when it takes alot of calories up it's not good.

Well, everything takes up calories - but most fruit and veg are low calorie compared to most other foods.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

It can be really good when fruit and vegetables take up a significant portion of your calories (assuming you're tracking and it doesn't cause you to go over your goal) because fruits and vegetables are nutrient-rich. Additionally, many people find that a diet with lots of fruits and vegetables (especially those higher in fiber) helps control their appetite.

So if you're wanting to save lots of calories for other things, I guess it would be a negative thing to have a lot of calories come from fruits and vegetables -- that would be something to figure out. But in and of itself, I think it might be beneficial for many people to consider getting more of their calories from fruits and vegetables.
  • colorfulcoquette
    colorfulcoquette Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I lost 96 pounds on WW and have maintained below goal for a while. Can't knock 'em and still go to their meetings and monthly weigh in...but I had to stop counting points and start counting calories. Their "free" fruits and vegetables had me with way too many calories. I'd like to lose body fat and WW encouraged too many carbs, even if the "good" kind. I just need to be more exact now to reach my new goals. I log every bite of everything I eat here.

I lost 30 lbs through Weight Watchers online 7 years ago. I wanted to go at least another 10 lower but found I wasn't able to drop any lower at that time using their system and that's when I started with MFP. I did find having used WW for 6 months or so to have been a great way to get in the habit of tracking what I ate and was able to easily adjust to using MFP and went on to lose (and maintain) an additional 15+ lbs while here. I also much prefer seeing the macros and nutritional content of what I eat and being able to make decisions on what I want to eat based on that information rather than how many points something had.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options

That's where I thought this thread was going to go based on just reading the title.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Hi hoping someone can help me, on other diets i know fruit and veg are free and can eat quite abit, also i know every barcode has calories, do you still have to put the calories in ur daily amount please.

Everything except for water has calories. Track everything you eat. There is no magical diet nor calorie free food.

What about celery? And pickles ? 😂
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    This is the main reason I don’t understand why people do ww vs counting calories. I do understand wanting to have that community involvement though. Maybe there should be MFP support groups lol
  • colorfulcoquette
    colorfulcoquette Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    This is the main reason I don’t understand why people do ww vs counting calories. I do understand wanting to have that community involvement though. Maybe there should be MFP support groups lol

For me, it was that WW was something I knew about and knew people had success with. I only did it online and didn't use any support features, I just used it to log what I ate and earn extra points from activity. Honestly, I probably would have felt overwhelmed if I'd tried to jump straight into calorie counting. WW was easy to get the hang of and got me on the path to succeed and helped me change the way I thought about food and the choices I made. I switched when I wasn't losing anymore and began to really question why fruits and vegetables were 0 points because I ate a lot of them and I knew that it wasn't really nothing.