Does calorie restriction/counting calories NOT work for anybody else?

Options
Does anybody else get triggered when counting calories?
Did anybody else find that they lost the weight... but then weren't able to maintain it?
Does anybody else find that when they don't allow themselves certain foods, their subconscious takes over and they overeat or (worse) develop an eating disorder like binge eating?
Has anyone swung the weight loss pendulum in an extreme direction only for it to go to the opposite extreme?

How did you find balance?
I want to hear from you in this thread or add me as a friend.

Thanks!

Replies

• tammie614
    tammie614 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Did anybody else find that they lost the weight... but then weren't able to maintain it?
    Does anybody else find that when they don't allow themselves certain foods, their subconscious takes over and they overeat or (worse) develop an eating disorder like binge eating?
    Has anyone swung the weight loss pendulum in an extreme direction only for it to go to the opposite extreme?

Thanks!

it works for me.

i do not get triggered when counting calories (macros for me, but the same thing in a sense)

i am able to maintain it when i lose the weight (i've lost 145, I have 30 more lbs to go for Goal weight). I DO notice that when i restrict too much i have a tendency to binge. so I've learned to eat ENOUGH food/calories because eating too little/not enough is just as bad as eating too much

i also enjoy "treat"/cheat meals as well. it's all about balance 80/20 (or 70/30. flexible dieting at its finest) :-)

send me a message if you like or add me as a friend XO- Tammie
  • SeeksJoy25
    SeeksJoy25 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Thanks!