Misleading food! What did you underestimate?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My friends and I were out all night driving home, and decided to stop at Ihop. Not the healthiest choice :P. phone was dead so no mfp D:. So I chose a GARDEN OMLETTE. Literally, tomatoes, peppers, onions mushrooms and cheddar...so i got home and checked....how is that 920 calories?! Crazy. I thought maybe 500 calories and that was pushing it. What are some foods you underestimated?

I haven't read the whole thread so not sure if it's been pointed out, but iHop uses pancake batter in their omelets! Add 3 more eggs to that and full fat cheese - yep, 900+ calories sounds about right!
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    My friends and I were out all night driving home, and decided to stop at Ihop. Not the healthiest choice :P. phone was dead so no mfp D:. So I chose a GARDEN OMLETTE. Literally, tomatoes, peppers, onions mushrooms and cheddar...so i got home and checked....how is that 920 calories?! Crazy. I thought maybe 500 calories and that was pushing it. What are some foods you underestimated?

That's evil - some places do add pancake batter to make them fluffier - that and the oils they fry it in and cheddar - pure evil of IHOP.

Avocado bit me in the butt one day. I know it's healthy - but at 1200 calories it took a HUNK out of my options for that day.
  • sandytoshiko
    sandytoshiko Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ihop adds pancake batter to their eggs, it supposedly makes them keep shape better. That's where all the calories are from.
  • naturallyme36
    naturallyme36 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    nuts and microwave popcorn
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything at Islands. What do people order there? :-/

Ok, here is an example from their website: Garden salad, ingredients: SALAD MIX (ICEBERG, ROMAINE, RED CABBAGE); SALAD DRESSING (ITALIAN); TOMATO; CARROTS; CROUTONS

Calories: 1330

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Walnuts man. What the hell is with delicious nuts being so high in calories?!
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Fish and Chips! Now, It's deep fried fish and deep fried potatoes with tartar sauce on top so I KNEW it was unhealthy and way way over a regular meal caloric count. I would never choose it as a healthy choice, obviously. But it's like 1500 calories. Yikes. That sucks. Also olive oil. Though I eat it because it's good for me. OH. And granola. Dear lord.

I actually usually overestimate things. Wine, bread, potatoes, cheese, mayonnaise. I always think they're worse than they are. All in moderation!
  • applejuices
    applejuices Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Cheese is easily the worst for me. I could eat a block of cheese at a time, and have my calories for the day filled up (and my fat for the week)
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Pasta, rice..... Those two are pretty much off limits now. I always knew they were high cal, but its crazy that something so plain, so tasteless, can have double the calories of whatever you serve it with!

^This.

And cafe scones - 800 calories for one of those oversized bstards!!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Also cinema popcorn.. I like the sweet ones.. to this day I still don't know how many calories it has..