Options
13»

Replies

• 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    trucker743 wrote: »
    Lost 8# so far!

I’m stoked. I THINK it’s since July 20th. (Wrong! 5# since 7/20!)I am being very conscientious about logging my foods.

Yesterday was a travel day, and I did NOT plan well. 21-yo grandson wanted Taco Bell, and it was an important day for him, so - started with 2 tacos and then added a cheesy gorito crunch. Just as awful as it sounds! Then I was starved on the way home and everything was closed on the road. Big Mac!

It was not a very good day.

It's ok to have a bad day, we all have one every once in a while. Just get yourself back on track the next day. You can do this!
  • 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm not much on commenting, but this thread has inspired me! I have been going through some threads and feel I don't fit. I am 61 years old and I need to lose half of me!

I have severe limitations at this time as far as exercising. I have spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal cord) which causes severe pain when walking too much. I am also battling lymphedema (severe swelling of right leg). This is almost under control with therapy and steroids. I am hoping as I lose some weight the pain will subside enough for me to be able to add some exercises.

I do leg lifts from the chair several times daily (more to keep those muscles from shutting down) as well as side kicks and marching in place while holding on to kitchen counter, but can only do around 10 of each before I have to sit down because of back pain. These I am not logging because I really can't think of them as exercise.

I have been logging my food and have been under on my calories. I am working on changing my eating habits. As a lot of people were, I was raised meat and potatoes, and don't get up from the table until you clean you plate. I am learning to push the plate away even though there may still be food on it.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,274 Member
    Options
    2BaNewMe2 wrote: »
    I'm not much on commenting, but this thread has inspired me! I have been going through some threads and feel I don't fit. I am 61 years old and I need to lose half of me!

I have severe limitations at this time as far as exercising. I have spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal cord) which causes severe pain when walking too much. I am also battling lymphedema (severe swelling of right leg). This is almost under control with therapy and steroids. I am hoping as I lose some weight the pain will subside enough for me to be able to add some exercises.

I do leg lifts from the chair several times daily (more to keep those muscles from shutting down) as well as side kicks and marching in place while holding on to kitchen counter, but can only do around 10 of each before I have to sit down because of back pain. These I am not logging because I really can't think of them as exercise.

I have been logging my food and have been under on my calories. I am working on changing my eating habits. As a lot of people were, I was raised meat and potatoes, and don't get up from the table until you clean you plate. I am learning to push the plate away even though there may still be food on it.

Unfortunately, this is a thread from 2018 that got reawakened by a spammer.

I think you're doing great. (I'm 66, with torn meniscus, OA in hips/knees/etc., hypothyroidism, upper left chest scar tissue, and a few other more minor problems, but nothing like what you're working with and conquering so beautifully. I've been hanging around here on MFP for a long time, though.)

You might like this thread, if you haven't noticed it yet:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10718336/60-yrs-and-up#latest

It's for people in our age group, and there are lots of nice folks there. Don't be dismayed if you open that one up and see old posts there, too - it's still quite active, it's just that the many new posts are at the end, on higher numbered pages. There are lots of people that participate, working with and around a lot of circumstances to accomplish their goals. We can be pretty wily about that, at our age, as you're clearly demonstrating!

Keep up the good efforts: You will see improvements and success!