lets discuss that friend who eats whatever they want..

Options
_noob_
_noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
And stays skinny/lean/healthy.

The ones I've personally observed are either very tall, don't eat very often so you watch them pig out when you see them eat with you, exercise a lot, play sports, or basicall I would just admit that I didn't see enough of their day to accurately get an idea of what they "really" do.

So in almost every case something's covered on eat less, move more.

Replies

• fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    jelly of that friend
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Eh. I was that friend for most of my life. I ate a lot and I ate junk and I didn't do much in the way of formal exercise and I am not tall.

I got old and my metabolic rate slowed down and here I am.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Actually, I do have a friend that is tall and thin, never exercises and coke is (or at least was) a staple in her diet.... she is super skinny and she eats like a teenage athletic boy!

But I still :heart: her 'cause she is effing awesome!

ETA: Hahaha... I forget that there are other people outside of Texas where we call all soda's "coke" so yes, I meant coca-cola... :laugh:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I work very hard to be "that friend."
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

The ones I've personally observed are either very tall, don't eat very often so you watch them pig out when you see them eat with you, exercise a lot, play sports, or basically I would just admit that I didn't see enough of their day to accurately get an idea of what they "really" do.

Fixed it for you.
  • _noob_
    Options

yup, catch me on a refeed day and it's on like donkey kong.
  • _noob_
    Options

The ones I've personally observed are either very tall, don't eat very often so you watch them pig out when you see them eat with you, exercise a lot, play sports, or basically I would just admit that I didn't see enough of their day to accurately get an idea of what they "really" do.

Fixed it for you.

y, just y?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have never met that person. Everyone that I know who eats whatever they want is a fatty.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I had a friend like that. She used to only eat a couple of meals a day and was always on the go. Now that she eats more often and moves less she has gained weight. I always thought she was just lucky to be naturally skinny until I realized she ate less than me and was more active than me.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Actually, I do have a friend that is tall and thin, never exercises and coke is (or at least was) a staple in her diet.... she is super skinny and she eats like a teenage athletic boy!

Well, that explains it then.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I wrestled that tall skinny kid once. He was a ginger and he had ginger strength and wound up kicking my *kitten*. :sad:
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I'm that friend.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

Well, that explains it then.

Hahaha... guess I should have clarified which form that coke takes.... as in a red and silver can.. with a-cola at the end.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I dont have friends.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

^This

My family have been going crazy since I came here. They in the start used to make comments like "I thought you wanted to lose weight, why are you eating ice cream!?!?!" and now the comments have changed to "how are you eating ice cream and so much food and losing weight?!?!"
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I don't pay attention to what my friends eat or how active they are. That would take time away from obsessing over my own food and exercise. Duh.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I wrestled that tall skinny kid once. He was a ginger and he had ginger strength and wound up kicking my *kitten*. :sad:

Gingers = scary. You should have just forfeited.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Hey now! I can read this, you know? :tongue:
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I got a husband like that, 5'64 and weighing 128 lbs. If I eat what he would, I would be over 300 lbs in no time. But I can't be bothered by it. He can eat his crisps, his candy, drink his beer, etc. It doesn't even make me lift an eyebrow. I got my own food and snacks I enjoy just as much and I know what I am doing it for!
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My husband eats massive portions, loads of sweets etc but he's always been into sports and fitness so he's always just burned it off.

My problem was going along with the eating without doing any of the burning! :laugh: I'm working on it.