Extremely slow process

Options
2»

Replies

• HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    RoyBeck wrote: »
    We've all been there. 8lbs is a decent loss. Don't give up and keep doing what you're doing. I wouldn't advise cutting calories maybe try the 5:2 to mix things up or increase your cardio for 2/3 weeks. Ensure your logging is tight too.

Agreed. I think it's a good loss and a safe one too. You could indeed try to switch things up a bit without lowering your cals. 5:2 can work but if you find that too hard (I do) you can also research and try IF (16:8).
  • asadali317
    asadali317 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Been at it since more than 10 weeks and only 8 pounds to show for it. And i have some 35 more to lose to get into normal weight range.
    Working out: cardio plus strength. Eating at moderate deficit.
    Cutting even a little more makes me hungry and that has led to failure multiple times in past.
    Just thinking about how long it is going to take is making me impatient and scared that i might give up. And giving up is not a choice i have.
    Extremely annoyed at the process being so excruciatingly slow.

I started strict diet in january this year n iv lost 8 pounds. You r winning girl 👧
  • Richfw
    Richfw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m not sure of your age, but as for me, i’ve attempted major weight loss 3 times in my life (on 3). Each time separated by about 5 years. Each time weight loss was an increasingly slower pace no matter what i have set my rate at per week. I also struggle with impatience but am finding success in embracing “the process” over the goal
  • betterharman
    betterharman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Richfw wrote: »
    I’m not sure of your age, but as for me, i’ve attempted major weight loss 3 times in my life (on 3). Each time separated by about 5 years. Each time weight loss was an increasingly slower pace no matter what i have set my rate at per week. I also struggle with impatience but am finding success in embracing “the process” over the goal

I am 33...
    I tried many times but never could lose.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Ive been at this for THREE Years. Much patience required!!
  • Richfw
    Richfw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Another thing i found this time that i never have before is a “real life” success story. There is someone i talk to who has made the journey that i’m currently on and has kept it off. She has inspired me alot
  • LilMsEnergy1
    LilMsEnergy1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    💭 losing weight is a long process. How do we keep motivated for the long haul.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I feel like I am at a standstill, but actually I am losing about .5 lb/week. I am uising Trendweight, there are other ones like Happy Scale that show the trend. It helps me to see it is on a decline when I feel discouraged. You are doing a great job. Keep at it