Fast food lovers

Options
Mslmesq
Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
I'm curious, mostly because it is incomprehensible to me, but what is it you love about fast food? Because if you told me you love a good hamburger and french fries, I get that. But would you really take a fast food version over a really high end quality version from a really good restaurant or home cooked? Is it really the fast food you like or the meal? And if so, aren't you just settling on a not as tasty version of what you could have.

I really want to know because I would definitely eat a burger and fries and fit it into my calorie count if I wanted to. But on the days I did that, there is not a chance in the world I would settle on a not as delicious fast food version of it.

Replies

• jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    5 double cheese burgers for $5 is a big reason. I think it taste good but not as good as other burgers but certainly good enough.

I also eat it specifically because its high calorie and high sodium on days I need it.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's necessarily settling for one or the other. Sometimes I am in the mood for a particular taste that comes from a specific meal at a fast food joint. For example, I can make a taco at home with 90/10 ground beef and fresh, organic ingredients, but maybe I want a volcano taco instead.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Convenience and price. If I'm hungry like, want food NOW and I can stop somewhere and get a baked potato and chili for $5 instead of driving to the store and buying stuff to make chili and baking a potato I stop at Wendy's. Same thing for burgers. I have to make sure I have the ingredients on hand and if it's just me and I want ONE burger then why not spend a dollar or two and get it in less than 5 minutes. French fries also taste a lot better from fast food places because hey, they're deep fried, I don't have a fryer or oil at home and in the oven they're dry (I don't like condiments). As for taste, I sometimes actually prefer a fast food burger (Sonic is really good) to say Ruby Tuesday or a steak house because they tend to overcook their burgers on the outside and undercook them on the inside. I ask for medium well and I still get pink in the center and charred on the outside, is it too much to ask for brown all the way through?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    I discount most franchised fast food on taste alone. Don't see the appeal at all.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Believe me, if I could make my own Carl's Jr. grilled bacon cheeseburger and have it taste like that....OMFG I would.

YOLO right?
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Oh, look -- yet another fast food bashing thread! Bring on the food shaming...

*yawns*
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I love Harvey's burgers and onion rings. I also really love my home made burgers from grass fed meat. I like them both, so I eat them both.

I don't like Wendy's burgers, so I don't eat those. I do like McDonald's cheeseburgers so I eat those. Are you noticing a pattern yet?
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    No restaurant will ever have Taco Bell nacho cheese.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had Qdoba (chipotle)?

I don't dig most of the fast food joints but I don't mind them. I love Qdoba. Popeyes is awesome too! Taco Bell is 4 AM is awesomesauce!

In many cases though I agree, a high end joint or a mom and pop shop is better but I got no hate for fast food.
  • monicapeterson54
    monicapeterson54 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Oh, look -- yet another fast food bashing thread! Bring on the food shaming...

*yawns*

AGREED!
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Mcdonald's nuggets are impossible to replicate. and they cure my hangovers

magic.gif
  • schamilton61
    schamilton61 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The convenience of having someone else do the cooking for you.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    5 guys is pretty fast. I love their burgers and fries.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    1337325638882.jpg
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Is the point of this thread for you to be convinced to eat fast food? Or just let everyone know that you dont like it/ dont eat it?
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Taco bell, is AMAZING and and know it isn't great health wise but I love it and I crave it from time to time. This week for the first time I had a a protein burger from in n' out, delicious! Yummy just a tad bit more messy than the normal with the bun but just as tasty. :-)
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    oh-look-its-this-thread-again.jpg
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I used to be badly addicted to fast food...its quick..easy...and convenient...and it has a certain taste that i cant duplicate...but if i go a while without it i dont really want it and it makes me sick when i eat it...
  • whitlisd
    whitlisd Posts: 85
    Options
    I find the food addictive quite frankly. If I start eating at McDonalds, I begin more of it right away. I have to stay away. Other places aren't as bad, but I think I have quite sensitive taste buds and am always looking for the most intense flavors I can find. And usually, I find them in restaurants/fast food places. (I don't know how to use spices very well at home)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Warm. Salty. Cheesy. Addictive. Even chewing it feels better that chewing other stuff. I cannot describe.