Fast food lovers

Options

Replies

• WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Honestly the fact that it is fast food. On bad days when I can't seem to get everything done, or my kids keep me up all night or when I hate a thousand things to do it is just easier for me to grab something. I don't prepare it, I don't cook it and I don't have a million dishes to do after cooking and eating it. With that being said, I will take a homemade grilled hamburger and homemade fries over a fast food joints burger and fries any day. Now pizza, that is another story.
  • SaberEsPoder
    SaberEsPoder Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree with McNuggets guy here...if I have a double cheeseburger, small fries, and a Powerade, I don't even feel bad the next day. It IS magic!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had Qdoba (chipotle)?

Are Qdoba and Chipotle the same thing? We don't have Chipotle, but a Qdoba recently opened in our town. It's not bad for fast food, but what is with all the rice in the burritos? It's ridiculous the amount they put in one.
  • HittinMyGoals
    HittinMyGoals Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Five Guys...Yes, kind sir, i'll take the bag"o fries and eat them all...no problem
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    What I get from this thread: "Hi, I'm a food snob and better than you so please justify your tastes."

Who doesn't eat at "really high end quality" restaurants at all times? I only eat lunch at The Palm....

I honestly had a period of time where I ate at The Palm 2-3 times a week, and when I wasn't eating there I was at Smith & Wollensky. Funny enough, they made me fat.

They are both within 1.5 blocks of my building and there are days that I wish one of them would was a Taco Bell or Popeyes.

Hum . . .. Washington, D.C.?

Yep. I know exactly where you are!

Yeah, I'm not too stealth.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    What I get from this thread: "Hi, I'm a food snob and better than you so please justify your tastes."

Omg, how did you know?! THAT is exactly why I started this thread. And not just better than anybody, but specifically YOU.
    < lmao and rolling my eyes. >

I'll respond to the more serious posts later, I'm short on time right now.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options

Omg, how did you know?! THAT is exactly why I started this thread. And not just better than anybody, but specifically YOU.

Not so short on time that you can make sarcastic and rude remarks to someone that pretty much hit the nail on the head.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Are Qdoba and Chipotle the same thing? We don't have Chipotle, but a Qdoba recently opened in our town. It's not bad for fast food, but what is with all the rice in the burritos? It's ridiculous the amount they put in one.

While different chains (and hence obviously some differences), they in general have similar taste. Qdoba just have chicken queso burritto which is to DIE for!

ETA: The rice adds a nice touch but you can always ask them to put little of it and more of other items. They'll only charge extra if you ask for more meat but even that, if you're good friends and a regular, they'll add for free
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am not a big fast food person but when the rare occasion I want a Big Mac...well get out of my way. :wink:
  • MatthewLewis81
    MatthewLewis81 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Fast food is not a "cultured" sort of taste, and no, on a strictly "quality" basis, you can't compare it to what you'd get at a higher end place. With that said, a lot of fast food options still taste pretty good, and I think we all have our own little "dives" we like to take sometimes when we're in the mood for it. ;)

My wife and I don't eat fast food much, but it's cheap and easy while traveling. You don't even have to get out of the car to pick it up. And yes, I know the line about "you could at least exercise to get into the building" (usually delivered with eye rolls), but when you're driving all night to get somewhere and aren't interested in waking up your two year old, a one-handed meal from a drive through can't be beat. In fact, it could taste a whole lot worse and still be worth it.

It's also excellent for getting a lot of quick energy really fast. I used to have a monthly job doing piecework that HAD to be done overnight, usually without notice, after having previously put in a full day of work. It was a tedious job and fatigue would settle in around 9:30 or so, and there's nothing like two double cheeseburgers and a large order of fries to get a second wind that lasts most of the night.

Plus, if you order off the dollar menus, it's really cheap and fast for when you aren't able to cook.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I grew up in an area that was limited on fast food chains. We had McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell. When I moved after high school, across the country, a whole new world opened up to me. Wendy's has, and probably always will be, my all-time favorite. I love the taste of their burgers , fries and the frosty is just something I want to be buried with when I die (I'm joking, but you get the point).

Fast food is, just as the name implies. It's fast and it's food. Everyone has their own tastes. Some people like milk chocolate, others like dark chocolate. Don't knock them for their tastes. Nobody should have to justify what they eat and why, it's like shaming them.

That being said, I've cut out a significant amount of fast food from my life. I still enjoy it, in moderation, at most once a week. Probably less than that now that I've stopped working recently.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Not so short on time that you can make sarcastic and rude remarks to someone that pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Bingo. A couple of these threads pop up every week. If you don't like a type of food, why the need to point that out? OMG guize, I just hate okra, isn't it icky!!!!! :yawn:
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I hate water chestnuts and sanctimoniuos douches.
  • wamydia
    wamydia Posts: 259 Member
    Options

I don't dig most of the fast food joints but I don't mind them. I love Qdoba. Popeyes is awesome too! Taco Bell is 4 AM is awesomesauce!

In many cases though I agree, a high end joint or a mom and pop shop is better but I got no hate for fast food.

The nearest Chipotle is forever away from me. I've never eaten there. :(

Most places where there isn't a chipotle nearby usually have Qdoba instead which is pretty much the same

Hmmm *google check*

Yeeeeaahhhh, nearest Qdoba is in Bumfaq, Egypt Foreverplace. Chipotle is actually closer and more attainable.

*pouts*

What about Hot Head? It's also in the Chipotle family of burrito places.
  • danarandallreed
    danarandallreed Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Isn't it about what you are used to eating anyway? It is okay to hate fast food, but it is okay to crave it too. I will knock down children and old people when I am craving Krystal cheeseburgers and fries. The best burger I ever tasted is at a rundown café two miles from my house. I actually like both of these better than what I make at home, and yet my hubby thinks my burgers are the greatest on a global level.

In my young life, leaving a bar, buzzed, at 3am...nothing was better than a greasy burger with fries and tons of ketchup, from anywhere. It lessened the effects of a hangover.

And, it is okay to be a food snob...so relish that. My husband is a food snob and finds Krystal burgers entirely deplorable. Oh, and it is also okay to be curious about why others struggle with it. This is how we learn to be kind. If someone calls you a food snob, thank them genuinely so they too, can learn kindness. It is who you are and you are created for greatness.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Honestly? You don't get this?

It's about personal taste + availability + expense.

I love Burger King's fries when done right, which happens ~80% of the time at the one closest to me. I can count on one hand the local sit-down restaurants I've been to that make ones I like better. Mind you, I'm picky. Can't stand coated fries, seasoned fries, or shoestring fries. Fries must be hot and crispy, fluffy inside, fried with fresh oil (not old-tasting oil) and lightly salted. Home-made doesn't compare, since I don't fry them. Baked french fries are good and definitely have their place, but they're more comparable to a baked potato, IYKWIM. Of the restaurants that consistently make better fries than Burger King, one went out business a long time ago and the rest are a good 30min drive away with no traffic. So, if I want fries and don't have 2hrs (and $10) to go get some and get back to what I was doing, then it's Burger King FTW.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options

I don't dig most of the fast food joints but I don't mind them. I love Qdoba. Popeyes is awesome too! Taco Bell is 4 AM is awesomesauce!

In many cases though I agree, a high end joint or a mom and pop shop is better but I got no hate for fast food.

The nearest Chipotle is forever away from me. I've never eaten there. :(

Most places where there isn't a chipotle nearby usually have Qdoba instead which is pretty much the same

Hmmm *google check*

Yeeeeaahhhh, nearest Qdoba is in Bumfaq, Egypt Foreverplace. Chipotle is actually closer and more attainable.

*pouts*

What about Hot Head? It's also in the Chipotle family of burrito places.

Nope!

I have Moe's and Willy's. Moe's is still tasty.
  • ProudMammaTo3
    Options
    The best advice I can give to anyone to change their eating habits within an hour, is watch documentaries like Food Inc. or ones that show how your food is made and where it comes from. Made me an instant mainly vegetarian and organic eater.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Cheaper and faster.
    I will always prefer a burger from Red Robin, but my bank account and 30 minute lunch break won't always allow it.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of people trying to convince me not to eat fast food. But the finger-chili incident didn't make me stop eating Wendy's.

Its cheap, its easy, and its all I have time for when I have ten minutes between class and work. Without a fridge to store food, I only have so many healthy bring-along-with-me options. Sometimes I'll bring almonds, but sometimes I want a subway salad. Its delicious either way.