Clean eating?

Options
cnjg6677
cnjg6677 Posts: 177 Member
What is this all about I keep hearing people say they are eating clean and working out does anyone have a answer?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    @diannethegeek has a cool list.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

That's what I was thinking of!

I like the definition based on being able to pronounce it. Sciency-types be all "I can eat all the foods cause I can pronounce them." Seems a little silly to limit food choices based on your educational level.

I have trouble with pronunciation. Ask my family, it is legendary.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    After prolonged discussion here there is no definitive answer for what clean eating is. There’s no guarantee you will lose weight eating “clean” anyways. Pick your definition.

If I were to pick a definition it would be “eat your vegetables”.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

That's what I was thinking of!

I like the definition based on being able to pronounce it. Sciency-types be all "I can eat all the foods cause I can pronounce them." Seems a little silly to limit food choices based on your educational level.

I have trouble with pronunciation. Ask my family, it is legendary.

Then you may have carrots.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    Start with the 10 fruits and vegetables challenge here. It is fun!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    diannethegeek has a cool list.

My list is here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10337480/what-is-clean-eating/p1

I think after some back and forth we found that leafy greens were the only foods that fit every definition.

Clean eating is very much a buzzword these days, whatever it may have started out as. Some people use it to mean anything they consider healthy. Others have a more narrow definition.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I usually use dawn dish soap and a cycle through the washing machine to make my foods clean

I wash my plates and forks! Clean!
  • cnjg6677
    cnjg6677 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I usually use dawn dish soap and a cycle through the washing machine to make my foods clean

Hahahahaha love it