Anyone else with decreased appetite because of the heat?

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Every year. I lose my appetite when it's hot and humid, even with all the delicious BBQ food going on. Just made it easier for me to lose weight when I lived on Guam since it's summer all year round lmao

I was in Guam for two weeks many years ago. Went scuba diving without a wetsuit in March! March in Guam was heaven.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Not often we have this problem in the UK however we do have a heat wave at the moment. My problem is not so much not having an appetite but not wanting to cook anything. I usually like my meat and veg.

But in the heat I find myself grabbing sandwiches and cold stuff like ice cream more so not really a help to me.

I send my man out to grill and we have entree salads with the meat he cooks ;)

He minds the heat far less than I do.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Heatwave in the UK currently and the heatwave mixed with bright sunshine and my dodgy eyes is triggering migraines

My cals are the wrong side of 1000 recently but I just can't face the nausea

Heck I can't even manage more than a quarter tub of halo top
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    The heat doesnt affect my appetite but I am more active in summer. I am outdoors, work out more, and get more steps. I also crave summer fruits and popsicles more. In winter, I am like a bear. I am sluggish with no energy and I practically hibernate.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I'm not looking that gift horse in the mouth
  • Ntoriousydc
    Ntoriousydc Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm sometimes having a lower appetite, but am definitely enjoying salads more. I'm wondering if the heat is contributing to water retention? Apparently that's a thing. My weight is yoyoing like mad the last week or two between up to 6lbs. Drinking lots of water though!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    No because air conditioning.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I usually lose weight in the summer because I don't have an appetite for heavier foods. I tend to eat a lot more salads and lean grilled meats and fish and such. I still get hungry, but my appetite is for lighter fare. I cancel some of that out with cold beer...I love cold beer on a hot day.

I am also a lot more active in the warmer months.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I work inside an office so, while it is hot outside, it doesn’t bother me. I’m only out in the heat to and from my car and then in the evenings while I’m out watering my garden, taking the dog for a walk or going for a run. But over the weekend we were at a water park so being out in the sun all day, I didn’t get hungry at all. We didn’t even eat lunch until 5pm. I still wasn’t hungry at that point, I just thought we should probably have something to eat.

My husband works out in the sun all day and oftentimes he will work the entire day without eating anything because he just can’t, it will make him feel sick