Highest Weight Ever......

Options
missytrishy
missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
edited July 2018 in Motivation and Support
When it comes right down to it...I DON'T want to put in the work to lose the weight. I am constantly exhausted and the time and energy it takes to track and weigh and exercise, leaves me feeling tired already.

That being said, I am also very tired of putting my back out, feeling winded after doing my stairs, constant aches and pains, headaches (and now migraines), swollen feet, not being motivated to do anything, constantly pulling at my clothes, sucking in my belly, brain fog, IBS and a laundry list of other obesity symptoms that come and go.

So which side will win? Based on my past, exhaustion always wins, but to overcome the constant exhaustion i know that diet, tracking and exercise are what's needed.

So, I am here again, looking for some help, and a little push. This is my second day tracking even though I was 1000 calories over yesterday :neutral:

I want to feel alive again :smile:

Replies

• wuggo
    wuggo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    3 months from now you will thank yourself. I started march 12th and that was my mantra.
    I am 35 lbs down. Good luck!
  • walking2running
    walking2running Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You don't have to decide to go "all in" right at this very moment. You can aim for a 0.5 pound weight loss per week (as long as you realise you may not see it on the scale due to fluctuations). You can even choose to track your weight and calories but maintain for now. Maybe after a few months of doing this, you'll decide that you can do a bit more. You're on this planet (hopefully) for a long time - so view it as a journey without a specific end date.

I choose to be mindful of how much I eat, and I accept that I will go over my maintenance sometimes, and that's life. No cheat days. No diets. Just living life. Doesn't take a whole lot of energy, really.
  • Zulu87
    Zulu87 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat, trying to break out of cyclical habits that aren't serving me and also being at my highest weight ever is sad. Feel free to add me I am focusing on tracking right now. baby steps=marathon not a sprint where I'm wiped out before finishing.
  • missytrishy
    Options
    Being fat is hard, losing weight is hard.... choose your hard...

Man, isn't that the truth!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    It's up to you if your life is to be better.
    Exhaustion or not must be forged thru by you.
    It will only get worse if you do not start building habits and a better life.
    1000 calories over your established count says that your relationship with food is way over the top and you are letting food win.
    Ask yourself if you really want to be healthier or continue along this dysfunctional relationship that you and food have built. Its ALL up to YOU!
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Being fat is hard

Losing weight is hard

Pick your hard.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Great job tracking even when going over your calorie goal! IMO, that is a great step. In the past, I used to stop tracking when I had a bad day, but now I track no matter what. Some days there are special events and I choose to go over on calories but still track. Most days, I stay within 10-15% of my calorie target.

Just focus on small changes, one at a time. You can do this!
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Hi missytrishy,
    "Stop focusing on what you can't do and start focusing on what you can!"
    Why I want to get in shape
    To feel comfortable wearing clothes and not have to search through all my clothes for what fits me today.
    To be able to keep up with my active kids.
    To not disrespect the one body that God gave me.
    My Inspirations
    Jesus
    my Children
    My Mom

Sound familiar? Yep..

I want you to succeed, but it isn't up to me, it is up to you! ..and experience tells you that all this, and more is absolutely possible!

When I began, I could have done with a "Everything will be ok, you can do it", so here is my "Everything will be ok, you can do it", to you.
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I think in the beginning, exercise and changing eating habits really does suck. There is just no way around it.

And with exercise, if you are not conditioned, don't have the endurance, the stamina, the muscle tone, just starting to move again is a struggle. It's almost like you just have to do it anyways. Even when you don't feel like it. Even when you are winded. When I first started this, my body was so de-conditioned, my activity level so low, that just walking would spike my heart rate. All I can say is that if you can find that mental strength to push past it, and to accept where you are and that it's okay, and just keep doing it, it WILL get easier and easier. Your body will adapt. You'll be able to walk/jog/run further and longer and faster. You will be able to pick up a heavier weight. And somewhere along the way, it actually becomes less of a chore because you can do it. And it feels good. So just try to push past that initial exhaustion, a little more and more each day, and you will see improvements. It's doing it before you are conditioned that can feel miserable, but it won't stay like that forever.

It's good to track what you are eating so you have an idea where you are at and where you can make some changes. It's sticking with it and not giving up in defeat before you start seeing the result of those changes.
  • april111213
    april111213 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Being fat is hard, losing weight is hard.... choose your hard...

Love this
  • missytrishy
    Options
    Please reply so we know if we are being helpful :-) Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you so much for taking the time to address my post. My attitude has even lifted in the couple of days since I posted. I haven't exercised yet but I am just recouping from putting my back out on Monday. I enlisted a couple of friends for support in sticking to my exercise goal of 3-4 walks per week of at least 30 min. Food has been going ok and I think I am making decent choices but that post-supper snack craving is a hard one. Today will be the first day I dont go over my calories :)

• missytrishy
    Options
    My exercise is walking... I started with 2,000 steps a day.

Thank you for your post Cheryl. I find when I get back into healthy eating and exercise, I tend to overdo things right away and overwhelm myself. I figured that walking would be a good place to start since I haven't actually exercised in about 3-4 years and I'm quite weak at this point :) I average about 2,500 - 3,000 steps on my average day and would like to see that get up to 5,000 consistently.
  • missytrishy
    Options
    You don't have to decide to go "all in" right at this very moment. You can aim for a 0.5 pound weight loss per week.

I have had the "all in" mentality in the past and found myself too overwhelmed right away. Taking it slower this time.