Sitting down belly challenge

Options
mandyj90
mandyj90 Posts: 19 Member
edited July 2018 in Challenges
So me and my friends are all trying to lose a bit of weight and we were discussing what progress meant for us and when we'd be satisfied. One of my friends said that she's happy when she can sit down (in her bikini) without having to worry about rolls. So we decided that's going to be our goal.

I just joined the MFP site and community and please bear in mind that I have only recently started my attempts to lose weight and tone up.

So, that said, I wonder where you all stand on the "sitting down belly challenge". How confident are you? Can you rock it? (Proof?)

I'll kick off. Please do not make this any more embarassing than it already is haha. Obviously I do not "pass" yet.

100_0498_zps91cpycjm.jpg

Replies

• thechiopodist
    thechiopodist Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I don't have a photo, but I look pretty much like you, from that angle. I'm trying to tone up my tummy too. 🙂
  • RocketMcSlowcus
    RocketMcSlowcus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh I’m totally in!
  • deebrew6
    deebrew6 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in!!
  • mandyj90
    Options
    Yay! I hope someone else posts soon so people aren't only looking at my rolls haha. So looking forward to acing this challenge and getting fitter in general.
  • mandyj90
    Options
    Anyone? Haha I'm going to take my pic down if no one participates.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'll take a pic of my belly rolls in a bikini if it helps the cause.
  • mandyj90
    Options
    bufger wrote: »
    I'll take a pic of my belly rolls in a bikini if it helps the cause.

Haha, well I don't know how comfortable you feel in a bikini :P
  • thechiopodist
    Options
    bucmsemat43w.jpg
    Ok I hope this comes out, I just look this photo myself. I'm not overweight at all, having lost 14lbs, I'm my supposed ideal weight although I'd like to lose another 5lbs or so, but my tummy is very flabby.
    I'm starting doing sit up/crunches with a frame daily. At the moment I'm Doing 40 a day, as well as 50 wide leg squats. I didn't do them last week when I was on holiday though, so that set me back. Hopefully by the end of summer those rolls so be gone!
  • thechiopodist
    Options
    [img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/kg/ra3fwzt52ml9.png[/in I saw this recently, and must share it, as I think we could be setting ourselves up for an impossible challenge. We can improve, but without being Severely underweight or extreme weight trainers, we will never be concave![/img]
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I look like you when sitting down, but that challenge could take quite a while, depending on you genetics. I think my body has decided that the belly is the VERY LAST PLACE where it wants to lose fat, so ...
  • thechiopodist
    Options
    [img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/kg/ra3fwzt52ml9.png[/in I saw this recently, and must share it, as I think we could be setting ourselves up for an impossible challenge. We can improve, but without being Severely underweight or extreme weight trainers, we will never be concave![/img]

Hmm, photo didn't come out, but it was of an underwear model showing a photo of herself in a pose, looking ultra skinny and toned, and then one of her sitting down. She had rolls!
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

Hmm, photo didn't come out, but it was of an underwear model showing a photo of herself in a pose, looking ultra skinny and toned, and then one of her sitting down. She had rolls!

ra3fwzt52ml9.png
  • thechiopodist
    Options
    Yes, that's the one!
  • mandyj90
    Options
    bucmsemat43w.jpg
    Ok I hope this comes out, I just look this photo myself. I'm not overweight at all, having lost 14lbs, I'm my supposed ideal weight although I'd like to lose another 5lbs or so, but my tummy is very flabby.
    I'm starting doing sit up/crunches with a frame daily. At the moment I'm Doing 40 a day, as well as 50 wide leg squats. I didn't do them last week when I was on holiday though, so that set me back. Hopefully by the end of summer those rolls so be gone!

I think you already have a very nice figure. If my belly looked like yours I'd already be a step closer to my goal!
  • mandyj90
    Options
    I look like you when sitting down, but that challenge could take quite a while, depending on you genetics. I think my body has decided that the belly is the VERY LAST PLACE where it wants to lose fat, so ...

Same here. Boobs go first, then the legs.
  • mandyj90
    Options

ra3fwzt52ml9.png

It's Iskra Lawrence, I love her. And yes she has rolls. I think it's unrealistic to think you will never ever have rolls, but yeah... there's a difference between having a few wrinkles and rolls.

But still, I've been following some Psychetruth home work out programs on Youtube and I was surprised when I saw one of their trainers. This is a certified personal trainer, guess even they have rolls?

Tiffany%201_zps1jn1nvf2.jpg
    Tiffany%202_zpsmxwjmwk8.jpg
    TIffany%203_zpszndcfhub.jpg
    Tiffany%204_zpsi2yluuja.jpg

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Losing weight give you more skin to crease. Just sayin'.
  • mandyj90
    Options
    Losing weight give you more skin to crease. Just sayin'.

Yes, but your rolls will be smaller.
  • thechiopodist
    Options
    So, who is doing what to achieve a washboard stomach?I'm doing ab crunches and leg raisers, although my get up and go got up and went, so I've been a little lazy the past few days.
  • mandyj90
    Options
    So, who is doing what to achieve a washboard stomach?I'm doing ab crunches and leg raisers, although my get up and go got up and went, so I've been a little lazy the past few days.

We all have ups and downs, right? :) I think you're doing the right things, but I'm no expert on that. I'm mainly doing cardio to try and get my fat percentage down. My abs won't show under a layer of flab lol