Victoria's Secret Models

Options

Replies

• Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I dunno...maybe they eat unicorn poop. That **** is low cal and fabulous!
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You can not if you are sitting there and VS does do a live show once a year. Unless in that little live delay they are tweaking the girls.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    whut?

I dunno... They might look good but probably can't open a pickle jar

HEY. Pickle jars are HARD.

You tap it on the counter first. I've never met a pickle jar I couldn't beat. ... Unless I just felt like making the bf feel strong after I loosened it a bit.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    please don't kill. that's just rude.
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Pickle jars require grip strength.

Genetics plays a small role. Genetics will say if you have a thin or a thicker waist under that fat. Genetics will tell you the size of your hip bones or where you will retail fat the most. Gentics will tell you your height. Most VS models are ~5'!0". In Heels they're like 6'2".

Gentetics shouldn't be an excuse to think a certain look in unobtainable. Yes, all they do is restrict eating and work with trainers, but it's their job to be paid to look good. People tell them what and how to eat in order to make measurements. Much like professional fitness models are paid for their physique.

VS models are usually on the tall end. Fitness models can be any height really.

They probably eat 1300 calories a day and do not eat any refined carbohydrate and stay away from much fruit.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    They're not that skinny by model standards.

You have to understand that like 96% of what you see is genetics, 2% boob job, and 2% their diet and exercise. You can't diet and exercise your body to be somebody else's- it will always be a version of your own body.

I would say 50% is photoshop
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    They seem to be the ultimate definition of glamour and beauty. I would kill for a body like that. Looking for some opinions:

Wear gloves and use a gun that doesn't have serial number on it. Try to come up with a good alibi or cover story ahead of time too. It helps if you can pretend you were out of state and of course don't be seen near the crime scene.
  • classictoaster
    Options
    I've actually stumbled across a few of their workout routines on the internet, including sample daily meal plans, and I honestly can't remember what all was entailed - I just knew I wasn't interested. I know it was a mixture of cardio and strength training, but not heavy lifting by any means.

I agree with Bean on the principal ideal of doing what works best for your body. For me it's been very trial and error, especially in the food department, but that has to do with a digestive issue I have. It's good to have goals that YOU and YOUR BODY can reach, rather than comparing yourself to someone else. (:

If you're really interested, I'm sure a quick google search would get you your answer.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    They seem to be the ultimate definition of glamour and beauty. I would kill for a body like that. Looking for some opinions:

-How many calories a day do you think a Victoria secret model eats?

-Do you think they lift weights or do tons of cardio?

-How many days per week do you think they exercise?

They are also incredibly skinny.

Im willing to bet that the VS Models are just like everyone else here on MFP. Superficially they might appear the same, but I am sure each has their own needs, wants, and likes and therefore different things work for different people. Ill take a stab in the dark here but I am guessing that in order for them to stay thin they eat about the same amount of calories they burn.

-How many calories a day do you think a Victoria secret model eats? as much as they burn

-Do you think they lift weights or do tons of cardio? either one as long as it burns calories

-How many days per week do you think they exercise? as needed, depending on how much they have eaten

Is this really that complicated?
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Wear gloves and use a gun that doesn't have serial number on it. Try to come up with a good alibi or cover story ahead of time too. It helps if you can pretend you were out of state and of course don't be seen near the crime scene.

If you can make it look like an accident, even better.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Most of those models have teenie boobies because that's usually what comes with a 6 ft thin frame. There is a reason Victoria's Secret sells mostly pushup bras. I'll keep working on getting my 5'6 body back to dd's and 150 which is 70 lbs form where I am now. That's the body I want!!!
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options

You have to understand that like 96% of what you see is genetics.

^ This.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    spam?

they are hawt but certainly aren't fit... I would hate to have a body incapable of doing a pull up.

stop shaming me for not being able to do an unassisted pull up! i need to either get stronger, or less fat... :sad:
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I live in Manhattan the land of models and it really depends. A very good friend of mine is a model and she works out 4 times a week doing a lot of yoga and 30/60/90 classes. The Soho location of my gym is known as the "model gym" and those girls don't go anywhere near weights. You'll find them in yoga, pilates, on the cardio machines. Soulcycle is also big amongst models.

My friend cooks a lot of seafood, but she isn't afraid to eat not so healthy food either. She just balances it well and she isn't scary skinny. I've also seen girls who will eat half a tuna fish sandwich and call that lunch, who'll pick around at a salad and barely eat it, or I heard about the cotton ball soaked in OJ thing (totally real and incredibly disturbing).
  • wmstormvet
    wmstormvet Posts: 145
    Options
    Do I want to lose weight? Yes! Do I want to look like a VS model? NO WAY!!!! They have no shape, they are skin and bones and I guarantee that a large percentage of them have eating disorders!! Thanks, but no thanks!!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    with most models genetics plays a really big part, they usually don't have to work super super hard to keep up with themselves even if some of them do anyway
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Lots of photoshop and makeup and not a lot of food.....just my thoughts.
    catty thoughts
  • wmstormvet
    wmstormvet Posts: 145
    Options

If you can make it look like an accident, even better.

Anyone need an alibi??? Happy to help ! lol
    98777 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't see what's so great about them. I want to be my own unique self. That's so much more of a beautiful, confident, and honorable thing to do. Everyone is different, and bigger, shorter, or curvier doesn't mean worse. It's just different.

Additionally, not everyone has their genetics. It would probably be unhealthy to try to achieve that. Plus, they're just exalted because of the style for this time period. If this was the 1960's you might be asking how to get Marilyn Monroe's "glamorous hourglass figure." See what I mean? Just be yourself and be healthy.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    spam?

they are hawt but certainly aren't fit... I would hate to have a body incapable of doing a pull up.

I hope and pray that you never develop OA, have an injury, and/or surgery, became physically limited or incapacitated ; because if you do you will have to eat those words and became very humble.