Replies

• babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    skin and bones!!!!!111

candice-swanepoel-bikini-shoot-st-barths-main__oPt.jpg
  • VioletNightshade
    Options
    You have to keep in mind that a lot of models do crazy things in preparation for shows. Dangerous cleanses, wraps, living off of laxatives and water, eating nothing but apples for a couple of weeks etc etc etc. What you see on the runways isn't how they look every day.

Now that that's out of the way, a lof of models do lots of cardio and things like Bikram/hot yoga (where they put you in a 100+ degree humid room for over an hour and go through your asanas) to get there. Genes can only take them so far. If you've ever seen Heidi Klum when she's not anywhere near the runway, she doesn't look like that. Neither did Tyra. I'd put money on the others being the same if I were a betting woman. Most of them are also "apple" shape, which IS dependent on genetics, so if you're a pear or an hourglass, you're not likely to ever look like them, but you can still be lovely. Personally, I adore being an hourglass, even if it does mean I have to tailor most of my clothes -__-;

Good luck and try to keep your goals realistic :)
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Tyra Banks said in last season's ANTM that runway models are "circus freaks" in her words. That was even the theme of the photo shoot they did. Tyra said they're too thin, forehead is too high, body is disproportionate, etc. Then she told the girls instead of hiding their genetic uniqueness, accentuate it. And that's where you get Vic Sec models and those almost ghastly catwalkers at fashion shows.

My daughter does runway. She's incredibly thin, doesn't work out and eats like a horse. But she also has Crohn's disease which prevents her from being that short, curvy Salma Hayek body type she wishes she could be. She had to accept that sexy, bodacious body was not meant to be hers and figure out a way to do as Tyra said - accentuate her inner circus freak. :)

Be you, girl!
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You can not photoshop a runway show. And as already mentioned I think it is mostly genetics with some exercise in there I doubt they are obsessed with exercise I imagine they do enough to maintain their physique. Try to be the best you. :smile:

You actually can photoshop a runway show, if it isn't a live broadcast. If I'm not mistaken, the VS runway show is actually aired a few days after it is taped...which leaves several days for photoshopping. I have no idea what (if any) photoshopping they do, just saying it is possible.

*FACEPALM*

No, you cannot "photoshop" video. I am sure that they edit the photos from the broadcast after the fact, but you cannot "photoshop" a video, at least not in a way to make the models look flawless. Instead chalk that up to expert makeup artistry and costuming.
  • qweenovme
    qweenovme Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I LOVE pickles!!!!!!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    spam?

they are hawt but certainly aren't fit... I would hate to have a body incapable of doing a pull up.

... said the majority of people on MFP. How many people do you know that can actually do pull ups? I'll venture that they number is lower than you think. People lie about this stuff but have them actually try and do one.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm going to tell you that they lift heavy. It's probably a lie, but once you start lifting heavy you'll forgive me :)

I'm noticing that according to MFP, every hot woman lifts heavy. :grumble:
  • mmimmi1
    mmimmi1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Genetics defintely but not without help. I dunno how to add pictures but here's a link.

http://www.mamamia.com.au/social/victoria’s-secret-models-without-photoshop/

They actually look like normal people here. :)
  • CantStopWontStop92
    CantStopWontStop92 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Do I want to lose weight? Yes! Do I want to look like a VS model? NO WAY!!!! They have no shape, they are skin and bones and I guarantee that a large percentage of them have eating disorders!! Thanks, but no thanks!!

*coughcough*bodyshaming*cough*

Like I said, these girls aren't aliens or freaks or ill. Thin =/= unhealthy. Or equate to an eating disorder. Do you and your goals, but don't shame those with a different shape than you. Best of luck in your fitness journey.
  • jgal86
    jgal86 Posts: 77
    Options
    Kay I am going to take a serious shot in the dark but....

- they probably eat around 1500 calories a day but might splurge at events
    - I would say they do tons of cardio paired with body weight exercises
    - 4-5 times per week
  • Porcelaine22
    Porcelaine22 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm going to tell you that they lift heavy. It's probably a lie, but once you start lifting heavy you'll forgive me :)

I :heart: you....... :love:
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I have no idea, but I do know they have personal trainers, private nutritionists, make up artists etc, and a lot of time to work on what they look like. Furthermore, a lot of these girls started modelling when they were real young, and have never struggled with being overweight/ having a high body fat percentage, and therefore have only been working on maintaining their lean body mass for years.

Plus genetics, which affects key aspects of being a model for example hip-waist ratio/ height etc. For example I could get down to 18% bf but I'd still have wide hips, because they are just that big.

Try and work on being the best version of you.
  • littlebee26
    Options

not all hot women lift heavy. but all women that lift heavy are hot :P
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options

not all hot women lift heavy. but all women that lift heavy are hot :P

I can get behind that!
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Genetics defintely but not without help. I dunno how to add pictures but here's a link.

http://www.mamamia.com.au/social/victoria’s-secret-models-without-photoshop/

They actually look like normal people here. :)

Thank you for that, it was actually nice to see!
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    You can not photoshop a runway show. And as already mentioned I think it is mostly genetics with some exercise in there I doubt they are obsessed with exercise I imagine they do enough to maintain their physique. Try to be the best you. :smile:

You actually can photoshop a runway show, if it isn't a live broadcast. If I'm not mistaken, the VS runway show is actually aired a few days after it is taped...which leaves several days for photoshopping. I have no idea what (if any) photoshopping they do, just saying it is possible.

*FACEPALM*

No, you cannot "photoshop" video. I am sure that they edit the photos from the broadcast after the fact, but you cannot "photoshop" a video, at least not in a way to make the models look flawless. Instead chalk that up to expert makeup artistry and costuming.

Actually, yes, you can photoshop video. It's done in pretty much every modern film!
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Do I want to lose weight? Yes! Do I want to look like a VS model? NO WAY!!!! They have no shape, they are skin and bones and I guarantee that a large percentage of them have eating disorders!! Thanks, but no thanks!!

Have you ever seen them walk a runway? Those girls are toned and look super healthy.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    whut?

I dunno... They might look good but probably can't open a pickle jar

HEY. Pickle jars are HARD.

I opened my own pickle jar the other day. It was a proud moment. I thought about posting a Facebook status. Lol.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

wow... nice generalization there... *eyeroll* and, way to body shame. Google Leatitia Casta and report back.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options

*FACEPALM*

Well I must have a really special version of Photoshop on my computer then because I can edit and photoshop film in it.