In my 60's losing 60

Options
Oh my...at my highest weight with a long journey ahead. Tried to live the big is beautiful life since January which can be lovely but the weight has escalated each month on our 1st of the month weigh ins. Hit over 200 pounds and 300 could be a future weight if we keep going at this rate. Want to be healthy and stay healthy. Don't want to start losing 1 pound if I will gain it back. Wifey joining me on this new journey.

Replies

• alicetannahill
    alicetannahill Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm in my 60's and need to lose 50. I've never posted before, but decided I might not fall off the wagon if I have a MFP buddy.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,954 Member
    Options
    Welcome1 I would suggest reading through these excellent threads that are pinned at the top of the Getting Started subforum:

Most Helpful Posts - Getting Started (Must Reads)

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I am still trying to find my way around MFP!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    It's useful to invite mfp friends around your age or older as it tends to get harder and slower with the years, I'm 70 almost 71 and still trying. Good luck
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 60, never too late! Read lots of thread and use the MFP tools. Food scale, use it!! Join the MFP F2F Weight Loss Challenge, it's very helpful especially for rookies!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    Thanks dejavouhlala! Good luck to you as well! How long have you been doing this?
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    Thanks mulecanter! I will check that out now. Have really appreciated the guidance.
  • jena003
    jena003 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in my 50's and need to lose 50. So far, since June 1st I've lost 22 pounds. If you need motivation and support, feel free to add me.