Sorry, how many servings per packet?

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    My ridiculous serving size complaint is with Kellogg's Sugar Frosted Flakes. This product is offered in a wide variety of packages, each of which nutrition label has a different serving size.

What about the weight of each serving size? Does Frosted Flakes come it different flavors, that might be a reason.

EDIT: I went to the website, it has the same serving size for the different sizes.
    Serving Size 3/4 Cup (29 g)
    https://www.frostedflakes.com/

My information came from walking the aisles of Wal-Mart.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Are you sure you were looking at 'serving size' and not 'servings per container'?
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited August 2018
    Via TheFitnessChef on Instagram

• crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Recently, I’ve noticed that a lot of labels list serving size AND whole package nutritional information. I hope they all start doing that.
  • PHOTOCHAP
    PHOTOCHAP Posts: 104 Member
    Deviette wrote: »
    Pack of 5 chicken wings: 3 servings.

Ha ha.. love that!
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    MichSmish wrote: »
    Microwave Popcorn. That should come with an advanced degree to figure out the maths needed to determine 1 serving size.

YES! some of those have some really weird ways of specifying serving size. I normally buy the bags of kernels though, which conveniently specify the nutritional info per gram of kernels.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Protein cookies
    A serving is half a cookie

What random weirdo is sat slicing a cookie in half to save for another day

That's me and Clif bars (I break them roughly in half and kind of fold them back into the wrapper as best I can to save for later). (it is, however, listed as 1 serving per bar, ..but not a good plan if you are 4'10" and also want to dip it in peanut butter).
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    edited August 2018
    Three plus years in and I was STILL out manoeuvred by "baked pizza pockets" a couple of days ago!

Had some freezer/fridge adventures recently, so I have three packages of two frozen pizza pockets per package sitting in the freezer.

So I vaguely remember that these little round pockets of crappy quality but gooey cheese that is stuffed in a frozen round bun are "around" 220 to 250 Cal. Remember: no packaging, no box and hey, I've got this, so too lazy to look it up!

And, of course, the gooey bundles of fun are packed TWO to a shrink wrap.

So I pop open a shrink wrap. Nuke one sucker. Gulp it down while pulling up the phone to log.

Consider the two micro-seconds of eating that has taken place.
    Look at the lonely pizza pop without a shrink wrap... how can it go back into the freezer? how would I wrap it? Oh, the horror!

Instant rationalisation: well obviously it must be 2 pizza pockets for 250 Cal... how could they possibly package them two at a time otherwise?

Into the microwave goes the second one....

Yup, you guessed it: of course they are 240 Cal each.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Movie snacks are some of the worst - Reese's 4oz - 3 servings @ 200 calories each.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    TrishSeren wrote: »
    Omg Kit Kat Chunky too, one normal bar is 3 servings. No one is breaking up the chunky bar into three servings and then saving them!

Where are you that a KitKat chunky is 3 servings?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Picked up some sausages at Costco. Calories looked reasonable, until I saw a serving size was 1/3 of a sausage.

Put them right back down again.

And the frozen lasagna they sell (Zinetti) has 7 servings per pan. Who cuts a lasagna into 7 pieces. A pan of lasagna needs to be an even number of servings.

Haven't we had this discussion before? I even posted an overly complicated origami-like diagram to show you how to get 7 equal servings and here you are still whining :tongue:

How do you origami lasagna?
  • momto3tolose10
    momto3tolose10 Posts: 33 Member
    edited August 2018
    Costcos frozen yakisoba noodles
    1442590755778.jpg

Who eats half a packet? 420 cal for one pouch (2 servings ).
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Picked up some sausages at Costco. Calories looked reasonable, until I saw a serving size was 1/3 of a sausage.

Put them right back down again.

And the frozen lasagna they sell (Zinetti) has 7 servings per pan. Who cuts a lasagna into 7 pieces. A pan of lasagna needs to be an even number of servings.

Haven't we had this discussion before? I even posted an overly complicated origami-like diagram to show you how to get 7 equal servings and here you are still whining :tongue:

How do you origami lasagna?

He thought this was too much work for 1/7 of a lasagne. So high maintenance!
    lqbpsfsvblol.png

I like it! I just can't picture doing that with the lasagna though. The noodles are too fat and/or would tear/break.