Silicone wedding bands

Options
Does anyone have a favorite brand they recommend? My brother uses qalo, but I've seen several on Amazon for a lot less $$. Is there really a difference?

Also my husband would like other color options besides 3 shades of gray that the men's rings tend to offer, any suggestions?

Thanks!

Replies

• FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Can I ask what this has to do with fitness and exercise?

They're silicon so stretchy? Must be to work out your fingers!!! 😂
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,205 Member
    Options
    FL_Hiker wrote: »

Maybe!

Or perhaps there's a concern about fingers swelling when exercising ... ???
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

Maybe!

Or ruining your actual bands on bars and dumbells.... They can hurt too.

OP, I've only ever worn qalo
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Why a silicon wedding band? Do you mean as a replacement to wear for your metal wedding band when working out? I've never heard of this. Is he allergic to gold/silver/titanium?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Maybe!

Or ruining your actual bands on bars and dumbells.... They can hurt too.

I presumed it was for this reason.... i hope OP comes back soon to tell us!!! :laugh:
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My boss runs marathons and triathlons, he recently switched from a metal band to a silicone. It's more comfortable, he doesn't have to think about it or worry about losing it taking it on and off. Anyway, what difference does it make what the ring is made from?
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a couple super cheapo silicone wedding bands off the internet for like $5 a piece. One looks like gold and the other silver. I'm very happy for the price. Unfortunately I can't remember the site. But there's no reason to pay $40. Just find the cheapest in the color you like. They are all the same.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I bought an inexpensive set from Amazon and they work perfectly fine. I don't wear them for lifting (I don't wear any rings in the gym, too much hassle at 6am) but they are great when playing sports or hiking all day. No reason to buy the more expensive brands IMO.

ETA: I found a link to the rings I bought: Egnaro Silicone Wedding Ring

It's very thin, because I'll occasionally use one to make sure my real ring is secure when it's super cold. You guys may prefer wider bands, scrolling down I see some mens versions with really fun colors though!
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    12 responses... has anyone actually answered OP's question? I guess the last couple have. Finally.

OP, I've got nothing significant to add, but I have seen these types of rings advertised in the back of magazines (triathlon, running, biking, etc). Perhaps check a couple next time you're at the grocery store and see if there are any other options that seem more appealing.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I’d just get a cheap one off amazon. Kind of want to get my husband one. I got him a cool wedding ring with a coco bolo Inlay and he doesn’t wear it very often bc he works in construction.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Check out groovelife.com. They have tons of color options. I have the groove brand and love it. All my workout friends have the silicone rings and swear by them. If you lose it on a bike ride or open water swim....no big deal. :)
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I bought a set of cheapies from amazon because my platinum band was uncomfortable while lifting. I've had them several months and they're fine.

If your wedding band is uncomfortable while lifting, why not just take it off and not wear a ring while you lift?

I like wearing a ring.

Interesting.
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I have 2 different Knot Theory bands that I wear. I've had one for over a year and just got a second color last week so I have choices.

I was taking my rings off for karate and then forgetting to put them back on. It says nothing about the state of my marriage and is more about my finger feeling naked without the ring on. Plus, I just plain like wearing the ring.

I wear the silicone ring about 50% of the time...some because I forget to put my actual wedding band on and some because I like the way it looks.