How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
spark107goal
spark107goal Posts: 66 Member
edited July 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
I don't even own a scale anymore because I'm afraid of getting obsessed with the numbers... :|:|

Replies

• braves3134
    braves3134 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I weigh a couple times a day. Usually after I get home from work and right after I wake up in the morning and I log the morning weight. It’s really a matter of preference but as Firefoxxi mentioned, it’s also helped to see and understand fluctuations are normal and the longer trend is what’s most important
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning. However my official weigh in is on Saturday mornings. I actually plot my weight on excel. I have been tracking my weight loss, and a few other items. keeps me honest.
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    My "official" weigh in is Saturday morning, but I also weigh myself Tuesday morning, just for the heck of it.
  • tablefor5now
    tablefor5now Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day or every second day. It helps me keep on track even with the continual up and downs. Then at the end of the week or fortnight I look at the overall trend. I'm going for slow loss that I hope will make it easier to maintain in the long run.
  • Dee_D33
    Dee_D33 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Every day, sometimes twice a day. I think it’s extremely important to be aware of the fluctuations that happens with one’s weight. I average my morning weights for the week and that’s how I know if I’m maintaining.
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Deviette wrote: »
    At the moment, daily. I've actually found it easier to accept my fluctuations like this than when I weighted a couple of times a week.

So far, I haven't had any fluctuations, but I'm sure they'll come eventually. Interesting to know that you can get a better handle on that with weighing yourself daily. I always that that was overdoing it.
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Currently still in deficit, so monthly. I have obsessive tendencies and will be stripping down several times a day to get on the scale and freaking out if the number rises if I do it more frequently. All the logic in the world doesn't stop me from being obsessed by the numbers. (I have other more priority issues to work on. :p )

But, when I reach my goal weight, I will be doing it daily for life to keep a handle on my calories in.
  • confidenceinrain
    confidenceinrain Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I also am afraid of being more obsessed with my weight (because i am already) so I weigh myself on Friday mornings only. I tend to not work on Fridays so it's a good routine for me. I was weighing daily at the start but seeing the fluctuations really upset me so I limit the stress to one day.
  • Johnd2000
    Johnd2000 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Daily, but I don’t fret about individual readings.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Once a week I log my weight change. Sometimes I weigh myself a few times throughout that week out of curiosity, but fluctuations don't bother me (they're normal) That's why I only log it once a week, and look to that for the bigger picture. If you're worried about being obsessed, keep weigh-ins less frequent and focus on other signs of progress...clothes fit, how you look in the mirror, how you feel, energy, inches lost, performance in the gym (if applicable) etc.
  • iRyanS
    iRyanS Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Once a week, or twice at most. One thing I'd like to start doing as well every 3-4 weeks is take measurements of things like waist, arms, etc.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Daily, every morning.