Options
124»

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Is that pecan pie or pumpkin spice M&Ms? October is when pumpkin spice creeps into everything like a nutmeg borne virus.

But come to think of it, pumpkin spice popcorn would be amazeballs. (And double checking this post because autocorrect kept trying to replace pumpkin with pimpin, bad Android)

It's pecan pie. I can't say I've eaten enough pecan pie in my life to know how close the flavor comes, but I like em.

Well, if it has chocolate in it like most M&Ms, it's not very close to traditional pecan pie. But I have had (and made) chocolate bourbon pecan pie, and it is fantastic.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    So much work, lol I buy the Smartfood Delight sea salt popcorn (it comes in a bag already popped). It has just a few ingredients, is low cal and delicious (and not expensive).

If you price it out against popping it yourself, I'm sure you'll find it's very expensive. But if you want and can afford to pay for the convenience, that's fine.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Is that pecan pie or pumpkin spice M&Ms? October is when pumpkin spice creeps into everything like a nutmeg borne virus.

But come to think of it, pumpkin spice popcorn would be amazeballs. (And double checking this post because autocorrect kept trying to replace pumpkin with pimpin, bad Android)

It's pecan pie. I can't say I've eaten enough pecan pie in my life to know how close the flavor comes, but I like em.

Well, if it has chocolate in it like most M&Ms, it's not very close to traditional pecan pie. But I have had (and made) chocolate bourbon pecan pie, and it is fantastic.

Well yes, it's pecan pie flavored chocolate. No actual pecans in it.
  • strongerbytheday
    strongerbytheday Posts: 116 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I weight 2 grams of coconut oil (19 calories) directly in my whirly pop and then I weight 33 grams of popcorn kernels (110 calories). Put it on the heat and pop. I end up with the perfect amount of popcorn. I usually sprinkle it with some adobo seasoning. I've never had any trouble doing it this way! It's a nice treat for not too many calories (129 calories)!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    You don't need an air popper, you can actually throw kernels in to a regular old brown paper bag, and microwave.

This!