Options
2»

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    hpurtee1hp wrote: »
    hpurtee1hp wrote: »
    I don't know your exact issues, but personally I am married to a man who doesn't want me to be fat, yet he is not supportive of my weight loss efforts. I typically have to make 2 sets if meals, because he doesn't like "healthy food". He's just never had any kind of struggle when it comes to weight or appearance. It is kinda tough, not gonna lie.. But how I stay on track is by being an active part of this community. I do not have loads of friends on here, but the ones I do have, have been very motivational and helpful. If there's any support I can lend feel free to add me!!

Forgive me for prying, but you say these things.. does this person actually love you? He doesn't sound very loving or supportive if he's harsh on you for gaining weight or not supporting you in your efforts to be healthy.

Again, not trying to be rude, I'm just an introspective person and am curious. Feel free to not answer this if you so choose. :heart:

Oh it's not rude of you at all.. after reading it back, I obviously did t paint him in the best light. He's not all bad, I didn't mean to seem like I'm dogging him or anything. He's a great guy with a lot of good qualities, but when it comes to weight gain and weight loss, he just doesn't get it. He thinks it is so simple, and has no idea what it is like to struggle with emotional eating, or stress eating, or body image. His mentality is "if you wanna lose weight then don't eat it".. trust me, I put him in his place when I need to, this is just an issue where he is completely clueless. I've always been a bit of a scrapper, so if he was too mean to me, I'd probably break his knee caps hahaha... But I'm not trying to make excuses, I still think it's wrong..but everyone has their issues.. My reasoning behind posting this was just to let the guy who posted know that it is possible to reach your goals even if your partner is not supportive...again, it's not ideal, but it can work.. I just wanted him to know how supportive this community has been to me..

Gotcha! He doesn't understand that what is simple for him is not simple for others because he hasn't personally experienced it. Especially when it comes to the differences between men and women. There's a lot of hormonal things at play that men just don't have to deal with or experience that makes it different (and sometimes more difficult) for women to lose weight at the pace that men are accustomed to.

Glad you stick up for yourself though. :heart: Thanks for answering!