Miracle Noodles

RaeBeeBaby
RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
I've been wanting to try these, so finally bought some when the price went down a bit (Amazon Prime Day). I've read the instructions - drain, rinse, boil, then dry pan fry. Seems like a bit of effort, but I'm up for it. Now what?

I know the instructions say can be used in any pasta dish, but looking for some honest opinions and ideas. Anyone eat these and enjoy them? Better hot or cold? or does it matter?

Replies

• katphi1618
    katphi1618 Posts: 120 Member
    You can get gluccomannan(?) in pill form also.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Another reason for my interest, beyond the low cals and high fiber is that I'm both soy and gluten-free due to health reasons. Any opportunity for a good tasting pasta is an opportunity I'll give a try!

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Another reason for my interest, beyond the low cals and high fiber is that I'm both soy and gluten-free due to health reasons. Any opportunity for a good tasting pasta is an opportunity I'll give a try!

Keep in mind that it's a noodle, not pasta...it doesn't have the same consistency as pasta. I've had it in Asian dishes...I could go either way with it...would rather have pretty much any other Asian noodle variety though. I couldn't imagine using it with an Italian sauce...just not the right consistency.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I find that it's an acquired taste, or maybe an acquired texture. I don't love it, but I eat it occasionally. I agree that it works best in a stir fry or other Asian style dish, and I would never use it as pasta. It definitely needs a good sauce or seasoning since it doesn't have much flavor on its own.
  • mjrc2
    mjrc2 Posts: 121 Member

I've never tried the Miracle Noodles either, please share your opinions when you have them. Maybe a spicy peanut stir fry with veggies. You'll have to be creative with the sauces since you do not eat soy. I would go with a stir fry/Asian theme based on everyone's comments.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Ewwww.... They are GROSS. Blech
  • shimmer_glo
    shimmer_glo Posts: 103 Member
    I tried these but I couldn't even get one bite down.
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 87 Member
    I tried them. Couldn't stomach them they were so gross.
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    I like them fine - they’re a bit... slippery for pasta, more in line with the texture of rice noodles. I’m gf as well and use them when I can find them - I usually just rinse then pan fry them - don’t think I’ve ever done that many steps :-)
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    I tried them once. I found them so gross I threw up. The texture was awful to me, so I stay far, far away from those. Many people do enjoy them and it does seem that asian style dishes are more popular.
  • kelcinik
    kelcinik Posts: 3 Member
    We eat them in stir fries with lots of veggies and protein so the miracles noodles are the focus of the meal. I don't think we'd like the texture as much if they were a bigger percentage of the stir fry.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    mjrc2 wrote: »

I've never tried the Miracle Noodles either, please share your opinions when you have them. Maybe a spicy peanut stir fry with veggies. You'll have to be creative with the sauces since you do not eat soy. I would go with a stir fry/Asian theme based on everyone's comments.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I still haven't tried them, but plan on it sometime this week. Probably a stir fry with lots of veggies. I got the angel hair and a green one that is "garlic and herb", so we'll see what the difference in taste is. I love Asian foods and particularly rice noodles, so I'm hopeful. I eat a lot of different foods, so I doubt I'll find them gross. (Hope not since I bought two six-packs!) As far as Asian sauces go, I substitute Coconut Secret (coconut aminos) in any recipe that calls for soy sauce. It's very similar, but both soy and GF. It's a a little on the sweet side, so I don't add any sugar if the recipe calls for it.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    I like them fine - they’re a bit... slippery for pasta, more in line with the texture of rice noodles. I’m gf as well and use them when I can find them - I usually just rinse then pan fry them - don’t think I’ve ever done that many steps :-)

Glad to know! I wondered why you had to boil them if you're also cooking in a pan.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I seriously dont know what you guys are eating that is so gross. I eat these all the time and have absolutely no issues. The ones I use have zero smell or taste. I just drain and either heat up or just add to a dish straight.

The texture :s
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited July 2018
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I seriously dont know what you guys are eating that is so gross. I eat these all the time and have absolutely no issues. The ones I use have zero smell or taste. I just drain and either heat up or just add to a dish straight.

The texture improves significantly if you dry fry it a bit. The tofu ones have a bit better texture than the regular ones as well.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    We have a brand called "slendier", they make noodles, fettuccine, spaghetti and rice... I have only started eating them in the past few months but I assume from the packaging that they changed something to improve them ("no smell" labels etc).

I like them - I use them with Asian style meals, add them to zucchini noodles with bolognese...
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    edited July 2018

What about the texture? Its no different than rice noodles you would be using in any Asian dishes.
    They are nothing like pasta noodles and should not be used as such. Its simple.
    I disagree. I use and like rice noodles. In Asian dishes.

fuzzylop72 wrote: »

The texture improves significantly if you dry fry it a bit. The tofu ones have a bit better texture than the regular ones as well.
    I did fry them.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

What about the texture? Its no different than rice noodles you would be using in any Asian dishes.
    They are nothing like pasta noodles and should not be used as such. Its simple.
    I disagree. I use and like rice noodles. In Asian dishes.

fuzzylop72 wrote: »

I did fry them.

So again. How is the texture any different? To me, its not.

I feel like the Miracle Noodles have a sort of "springy" texture that rice noodles don't have. It doesn't bother me, but I can tell a difference.