Miracle Noodles

Options
2»

Replies

• gia_incognito
    gia_incognito Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Make sure to drink lots of water. Would help to eat it with some veggies. As they tend to cause constipation. Fair warning!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Make sure to drink lots of water. Would help to eat it with some veggies. As they tend to cause constipation. Fair warning!

False. They are nothing much than konnjaku powder, loads of fiber. If anything, they will do the opposite of constipation :)

The packaging of the ones I use states that you should drink at least two glasses of water per serve...too much fibre can definitely cause constipation, especially when it's the type that bulks things up.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I like them in soups. I also recommend cutting them in smaller pieces--which for me make them easier to eat. I also like shiritaki noodles--which are glucomannan plus a little soy for about 10 calories per package. They're available at the grocery and much cheaper than ordering online.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    You gotta rinse them really, really well. And they're chewy.
  • Snapdragonincident
    Snapdragonincident Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like them w asian peanut sauce and tofu
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I really like them and used to buy them all the time. It's getting harder to find them where I live. If you dry fry them after rinsing it helps because they tend to hold alot of water which tends to make sauces runny. Other than that I find them filling and really low in calories.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »

False. They are nothing much than konnjaku powder, loads of fiber. If anything, they will do the opposite of constipation :)

Yep, that's the truth! LOL
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    So I finally made the miracle happen and here's the verdict.

I tried the garlic and herb ones. I didn't find the smell offensive at all, but still rinsed them really well then pan fried them until they were dry(er). I mixed them with zoodles (spiralized zucchini noodles) and served with a shrimp veggie stir-fry with mushrooms, peppers, sweet potatoes and more zucchini. All in all a tasty dish and the garlic and herb flavor came through subtlety.

I did cut them up into smaller pieces along with the zucchini noodles. Since other items in the dish were a bit chewy (oyster mushrooms and the shrimp) the chew factor was so similar as to not be that noticeable. They also held up well as leftovers (not mushy at all). I'd say I ate about a third of the package in two separate meals.

Since I bought two 6-packs, I'll be having these again in other dishes but not too soon. As @crazyravr shared, the fiber can have an effect. :o Maybe will try an Asian peanut sauce next time.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and ideas!

• SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I quite like them, they're quite hard to find round here apart from in health food shops but they have just started doing them in my local supermarket, although they are expensive.

I tend to have them in stir frys, I dry fry the noodles and mix some stir fry/soy sauce straight into them, before serving them with the veg. I can't have them too often as I do get bored of them quickly, but I definitely have never found them as disgusting as other people do. A lot of people have said they taste fishy, but I've never really found that even though I don't rinse them that intensively.