Weird Sports Bra ?'s

Options
124»

Replies

• squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Wearing a 30GG bra size, mine are almost impossible to find, and stupidly expensive. Right now, I only have one. Panache underwire sports bra (costs about $50, which is below average price for bras in that size)... I'm a bad person and only wash it once a week - and I work out six times a week. Oops.

However, I'm losing weight at a rate where I'll be replacing it in two months anyways. When I finally get down to my goal weight I'll probably keep three or four of them and rotate them out.

You're SUPPOSED to hand-wash them :
    • Put your sports bras AND regular bras in a tub of warm water mixed with a gentle laundry detergent
    • Ignore for 10-15 minutes
    • If your bras get especially dirty, rub them gently where they're the most "spoiled"
    • If they're really bad, get a soft-bristle toothbrush and gently scrub them where they're dirty.
    • Remove water from the tub.
    • If bras are padded, gently push against them to force out excess water
    • Place bras on a towel, roll up to push out more excess water
    • Hang dry

You should be using a lingerie detergent - which is gentle enough that it really doesn't need to be rinsed out. :>

However! I'm lame. I just toss my sports bras (and all other bras... They don't fit anyways) into the washing machine on the handwash cycle, with regular detergent, then hang dry them. Ta-dah!

Where on earth did you find that bra for $50?!?! Mine was like $78!
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I own more sports bras than real bras lol. . .

and this is me :):)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I gave up bras when I retired. I guess if I ever get fit enough to run, I'll have to reconsider. Meanwhile, this aging hippy is lettin' them hang.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    none,
    go naked.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I don't like UnderArmour sports bras; they're ridiculously expensive, they're inflexible and unadjustable, and they don't breathe. Back when I was overweight, I dislocated several ribs wearing one -- no joke. Then after I lost weight, they just didn't fit anymore at all. Out the door they go. There may be some better ones by now, but that relationship is over for me. :grumble:

My favorite so far is a Champion Powersleek. The cotton racerback one isn't bad (and depending on size/color, it's between 6 and 18 bucks on Amazon!), but the normal over-the-shoulder Powersleek is awesome. It fits, it doesn't squish, I can still breathe (and so can my skin), but it pretty much immobilizes the goods. Running is a whole new experience, and I can actually wear the thing all day. All this said, I think I'll dash to Walmart this weekend and pick up one of those cheap plunge numbers; my fave cost me twice that and I only have the one, so would love to have another option.

I've seen a lot of comments about hand-washing the suckers. I don't do that -- I put them in a sweater bag in the washing machine on cold, then hang them to dry. Works. I won't touch the re-wearing issue, except to say that that weird "crystal" deodorant stuff they sell at organic stores actually works wonders at taming sweaty smells. :sick:
  • faldirallala
    faldirallala Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have about 10 and only wear them once before they go straight into the laundry basket. However, most of my sports bras are made of some sort of netting; they're only padded in the actual boob area. The sweat seems to go straight through that ominous material and into my shirts. Technically, I wouldn't mind wearing those bras a second or even a third time but I get them super cheap (2 bras for £3 - I think that's how much it was was....roughly $5) from Primark and have enough. I also own one made entirely of fabric and would never wear that one a second time. It is just too smelly.

Guess I am just lucky. To be honest, I think it is understandable that someone who needs more support and only finds that in more expensive brands would not get a dozen bras. However, it doesn't seem like such a big deal to give them a quick hand wash before one goes to bed and let the bras dry over night.
  • BIRD0
    BIRD0 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wearing a 30GG bra size, mine are almost impossible to find, and stupidly expensive. Right now, I only have one. Panache underwire sports bra (costs about $50, which is below average price for bras in that size)... I'm a bad person and only wash it once a week - and I work out six times a week. Oops.

However, I'm losing weight at a rate where I'll be replacing it in two months anyways. When I finally get down to my goal weight I'll probably keep three or four of them and rotate them out.

You're SUPPOSED to hand-wash them :
    • Put your sports bras AND regular bras in a tub of warm water mixed with a gentle laundry detergent
    • Ignore for 10-15 minutes
    • If your bras get especially dirty, rub them gently where they're the most "spoiled"
    • If they're really bad, get a soft-bristle toothbrush and gently scrub them where they're dirty.
    • Remove water from the tub.
    • If bras are padded, gently push against them to force out excess water
    • Place bras on a towel, roll up to push out more excess water
    • Hang dry

You should be using a lingerie detergent - which is gentle enough that it really doesn't need to be rinsed out. :>

However! I'm lame. I just toss my sports bras (and all other bras... They don't fit anyways) into the washing machine on the handwash cycle, with regular detergent, then hang dry them. Ta-dah!

Where on earth did you find that bra for $50?!?! Mine was like $78!

You can find them NWT on eBay for around $50. I found that out when Nordstrom didn't have the pink one in my size for over a month. I used to have 3 panache sports bras, but one of them (from Nordstrom) the wire popped out and then I stupidly ironed on a patch thing and it melted the bra fabric and anytime I wore it, it scratched me and was really uncomfortable.

So now I have 2 of them, and a crappy Walmart bra that lacks support and doesn't fit properly (since they don't sell 34H bras. There) that I wear less often. I made the mistake of rewearing a sports bra without washing it and got 4 huge pimples under my boob.
  • YoBecca
    YoBecca Posts: 167
    Options
    Other thing would be volkda water mix 50/50- sanitizes- smells much fresher- we use them on dance costumes (I prefer to just you know- wash mine LOL- I swear I"m not a germa-phobe!!!)

Blah, blah, blah sportsbras....ARE YOU WASTING PERFECTLY GOOD VODKA ON YOUR LAUNDRY???

SMH, JoRocka - you should be ashamed of yourself.