Being Hard on Self

Options
I try to push my Calorie deficit more than suggested, about 1800 Cal than the suggested 2300 Cal. Sometime at bed time, my stomach sinks and get a bit hungry. Sometimes I deal with it til the next day morning. Sometimes I have a snack. But is going to sleep a little bit hungry (where your stomach is aching a bit because of it feeling as if it is sucking in), a good thing and signs of your body adapting for the new transformation?
Thanks!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I would eat something, otherwise I’d be ravenous when I woke up.

What is 2300 calories supposed to allow you to lose per week? Having too high a deficit can do more harm than good.
  • thebomb4043
    thebomb4043 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4425165/

Thanks guys! Wonderful Supportive Community 24/7!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4425165/

Thanks guys! Wonderful Supportive Community 24/7!!

not sure what that study has to do with your post?

you're asking if you're eating too little. the answer is yes.

meal timing as little to no affect on weight loss.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I try to push my Calorie deficit more than suggested, about 1800 Cal than the suggested 2300 Cal. Sometime at bed time, my stomach sinks and get a bit hungry. Sometimes I deal with it til the next day morning. Sometimes I have a snack. But is going to sleep a little bit hungry (where your stomach is aching a bit because of it feeling as if it is sucking in), a good thing and signs of your body adapting for the new transformation?
    Thanks!

It is a sign you are not eating enough if you are eating 500 calories below your goal on purpose and getting hungry..
    Eating too little often feels fine for awhile until you start binging to make up for it. Then you restrict more to deal with the binge and then binge again. It is a nasty cycle to get caught in.
    You should eat the calorie goal mfp gave you as it is already a healthy deficit.
  • ballerbryan
    ballerbryan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Maybe do 2,000 calories first then gradually drop down to 1,800
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Maybe do 2,000 calories first then gradually drop down to 1,800

Or don't drop to 1800 as it's unnecessary?